Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    Russel Howard is not funny.
    His joke rests on the other mans lack of education and sobriety.
    It's amazing to see how many of you are charmed by his goofy face, blond hair and **** humour.

"The bloke who lives in a cave, he wants Sharon Law, I don't want a woman forcing me to speak Mosque".........awkward silence broken by laughter samples

*cretinous accent, "I've never read a book"- Rolf.....?
    Just wanted to say that I've been to a Russell Howard's Good News whilst it was being filmed. The laughter was there, it's not dubbed by laughter samples. And also, they never told us to laugh, it's all natural.

Fair enough if you dislike his humour, but just thought I should point this out :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    They 'represent' the white working class- ie. those who beleive that immigrants have taken their jobs/council homes/communities etc. The reason there is a lack of professionals is that

1. professionals are usually middle class and therefore more socially mobile
    2. professional careers tend to still be dominated by middle classes and are overwhelmingly dominated by white british people.
    3. the middle classes live in suburbs where only affluent immigrants could ever move into.

basically, the EDL is simply the mobilisation of the working class into challenging the political elites- however, because they cannot really present an economic arguement, they present a social one- ie. immigrants keep taking my job and muslim immigrants are the easiest thing to blame it on.

The EDL surprisingly are the product of Marxist theses....which is ironic as they seem to hate the 'loony lefties'. go figure
    Did I really just see the word Marxist in a post about the EDL? TSR never fails to leave me gobsmacked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arthur2)
    ....interviews with some very articulate EDL

ReputationRep:
    The autotune bit is lulz but the intro is incredible!

ReputationRep:
    Just because the guy isn't articulate, does that mean he has no right to an opinion.
    He is the result of Labours dumbed down education policies.
    Yes, let us blame the government for not coming into his home and for not ordering his parents to make the kid pick up a book and read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keziah_X)
    Did I really just see the word Marxist in a post about the EDL? TSR never fails to leave me gobsmacked.
    No, but it does affirm a certain theory that suggests a mass mobilization of the working class against the bourgeoise/state. Considering my of the leadership's speeches involve not just trash-talking islam but also trash-talking political elites, it suggests that the EDL sees itself at least, as a movement of the working class. In fact, Mr Robinson (the leader) has also trash talked middle class students and business people in his speeches, basically fermenting the arguement that the working class have been ignored in society and it is the fault of political elites and, less so- migrants who are muslim.

The fact is that the EDL are more legitimate as a working class movement that represents the corruption of politicans as opposed to an actual movement designed to oppose shariah law etc.

ReputationRep:
    That EDL guy must be famous now haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insanetothebrain)

sick geeza, edl slim shady.
    love it

ReputationRep:
    Just because the guy isn't articulate, does that mean he has no right to an opinion.
    He is the result of Labours dumbed down education policies.

he was educated under the Tories, he's too old to have been part of our generation

blaming Liebour before they were even in power :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssexDan86)
    Well said - the man's humour consists of pulling goofy faces and taking the piss out of racism and the Daily Mail... which isn't exactly a difficult thing to do.
    I hope you realise that he was making a satirical joke. Making fun of the bigoted idiot in that "ray gun" video.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayDani)
    I hope you realise that he was making a satirical joke. Making fun of the bigoted idiot in that "ray gun" video.
    Well done. This thread died 3 years ago, you just had to dig up the corpse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    He missed the bit about muslamic ray guns
    Perhaps Russell thought people would realise that the drunken oaf in the clip was trying to say " muslim rape gangs" and thought best left alone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm locking this thread as it's quite old- it's best not to post on threads if they haven't received any replies for more than 6 months, better to make a new one instead
    (Original post by RayDani)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.