The Student Room Group

Im fat and yet get asked out alot

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pink Bullets
Err.. I wouldn't describe it as an "insult". It was a criticism of the thread, not the person who made it. Are you by any chance that person? Why would you go anonymous for that? :lolwut:

haha thats defo not me. it doesnt make sense making this thread with my username (knowing im risking myself to comments much like yours) and then going and posting something pretty unnecessary being anonymous.

also, what you said in your first comment made me think you hadnt read it properly. i wasnt in anyway saying what you thought i implied. :s-smilie:
Original post by goddogit
haha thats defo not me. it doesnt make sense making this thread with my username (knowing im risking myself to comments much like yours) and then going and posting something pretty unnecessary being anonymous.

also, what you said in your first comment made me think you hadnt read it properly. i wasnt in anyway saying what you thought i implied. :s-smilie:

You didn't just imply it, you said outright that if you don't get attention from men it's probably due to your personality rather than your appearance. :s-smilie:
Reply 22
I'm size 16 too and fellas never look anywhere near me :sad: but I have no self confidence whatsoever. So yes, "it's all about the confidence!" la Gok Wan, said in a ridiculously camp manor) :teeth:
Reply 23
Yeah, you're what we guys like to call a 'practice girl'. :ahee:

Definition: a practice girl is usually a fat/larger/ugly teenage girl whom teenage boys engage in sexual intercourse with for practice/expierence.

Practice girls don't have much social pull, nor does their pleasure matter, so they are perfect specimens for teenage boys to use to "step up" their sexual ability when they practice sex with a better/more attractive girl.

(edited 13 years ago)
I'm a fat size 8 and short and look like a child :frown: sucks
Original post by Jar of Hearts
Pff i'm quite thin and rarely get asked out... maybe i should try the fat thing..

This is what I'm thinking too. It's a win win from where I can see it, to get asked out all I need to do is eat what I like when I want?!?! :wink:
Original post by steff_stephanie

This is what I'm thinking too. It's a win win from where I can see it, to get asked out all I need to do is eat what I like when I want?!?! :wink:

Exactly! I'll get started on the crisps and dip right now.. chocolate cake for breakfast tomorrow maybe!
It may be because they think the fatter girl won't be taken?
Or it is true that the better men do love curves maybe? :smile:

'The better men do love curves maybe?'
First of all, what the **** do you mean by 'the better men'?
And secondly, since when does being fatter mean more curves?

Are you actually serious?
I bet at least some of this is true:

a) you're hot, really pretty, perhaps not as fat as you think - dress well, have a good personality, bubbly, funny
b) you look easy as well - perhaps the extra weight makes men think you're obtainable
c) the guys who are hitting on you at ugly and/or desperate
d) guys aren't hitting on you - you're mistaking advances, and/or thinking a few is a lot

Moral of the story is that we are a very superficial society - men do go for attractive girls - if you want to be more attractive and be healthier lose the weight. It's not that hard - do some proper research and don't be lazy - go to the gym, do cardio, lift weights and control your calories and macronutrients and eat healthy. Very unhealthy attitude is that appearance doesn't matter to men and to give out a message that you should be happy being fat and not try to change - it's popular because it's easy, but ultimately it's a lie. Don't live in Disneyland.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by EffieFlowers
'The better men do love curves maybe?'
First of all, what the **** do you mean by 'the better men'?
And secondly, since when does being fatter mean more curves?

Are you actually serious?

By 'the better men' I meant the ones who don't judge by looks, the ones that don't just 'go' for the pretty, skinny blonde ones. Rather, they look past the looks to the person underneath, those men that actually take the time to get to now the person before they shag them.
I can safely say a size 14+ will have more curves than a size 4 etc. :rolleyes:
By 'the better men' I meant the ones who don't judge by looks, the ones that don't just 'go' for the pretty, skinny blonde ones. Rather, they look past the looks to the person underneath, those men that actually take the time to get to now the person before they shag them.

The ones who don't exist, you mean?

A man with a sexual preference for larger girls is "judging by looks" as much as a man with a preference for smaller girls.
Reply 31
Original post by Rancorous
I bet at least some of this is true:

a) you're hot, really pretty, perhaps not as fat as you think - dress well, have a good personality, bubbly, funny
b) you look easy as well - perhaps the extra weight makes men think you're obtainable
c) the guys who are hitting on you at ugly and/or desperate
d) guys aren't hitting on you - you're mistaking advances, and/or thinking a few is a lot

Moral of the story is that we are a very superficial society - men do go for attractive girls - if you want to be more attractive and be healthier lose the weight. It's not that hard - do some proper research and don't be lazy - go to the gym, do cardio, lift weights and control your calories and macronutrients and eat healthy. Very unhealthy attitude is that appearance doesn't matter to men and to give out a message that you should be happy being fat and not try to change - it's popular because it's easy, but ultimately it's a lie. Don't live in Disneyland.

im losing the weight, lost 1.5 stone already. and if you read this thread again, i tell people that losing weight is very necessary obviously, but dont lose sight of the fact that you have other things about you apart from just your body, that might be giving you a bit of an edge! :smile:
You are an exception. Fat/ugly confident girls are in general a nuisance.

Edit: I don't mean to offend anyone :redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by goddogit
im a size 16 and yet i've noticed guys seem interested in getting to know me better and i get asked out quite a bit.

This is NOT me trying to tell you all that being fat is a good thing or that its OK, cos it isn't. I'm working on losing the weight myself! (I was a national swimmer until i got injured in an accident bad and was in bed rest for 2 years so put on 5 stone.)

My point here is that all you people who think they arent in relationships because of their bodies, chances are its more to do with your attitude towards yourself and your general demeanor rather than just your appearance.

I used to be quite curious about how in a superficial world like ours, someone very intelligent and at the same time extremely handsome would want to be with an unfit person, and then i was put to senses by the same man aforementioned, that he'd never met a girl sharper and more fun to be around. received many similar comments.

so all you people who think you need to be fitter than you are, continue working on yourself, and keep it in mind that you're more than just your body! all the best! :smile:

EDIT: about the fat girls are easier comment, i'd agree if it was like an ONS, not when people want relationships or when they ask you out on multiple dates. :smile:

The boys that are interested in you must be blind.:cool: Don't take it personally but there are tonnes of guys that think fat people are fit. They just can't see past the chavvy hair and makeup, not to mention the slutty personality.

So many faults with that post.
Firstly you say that 'the better men' are those who look past appearance and look deeper into a person's personality, after you just stated that 'the better men prefer curves.' Is curves a personality then?

And then you use size 14 which is not even that fat to outline your point whilst using an extremely petite size 4. It would have been better to compare say size 8/10 with size 16/18.
And then yes you can then say that a size 8 person could well be more curvy than a size 16/18 as they have a more defined, and narrower waist, which is essentially what curves are, rather than the larger size who may have a stomach and so would not actually have the hour glass, true 'curvy' shape which goes in at the waist and then out at the hips.
Having said that body shape is the only true way to define curves. The size 16 person may carry the weight well and may have a smaller waist whereas the size 8 person can have a more boyish figure, and would still have a boyish figure at size 16- the characteristic 'truck' shape.

So here's the lesson, weight does not define curves, unless perhaps at only a completely extreme level, I hope you take this away with you and get rid of that misconception.

Goodbye.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35

haha! nailed it in one

Original post by EffieFlowers
So much faults with that post.
Firstly you say that 'the better men' are those who look past appearance and look deeper into a person's personality, after you just stated that 'the better men prefer curves.' Is curves a personality then?

And then you use size 14 which is not even that fat to outline your point whilst using an extremely petite size 4. It would have been better to compare say size 8/10 with size 16/18.
And then yes you can then say that a size 8 person could well be more curvy than a size 16/18 as they have a more defined, and narrower waist, which is essentially what curves are, rather than the larger size who may have a stomach and so would not actually have the hour glass, true 'curvy' shape which goes in at the waist and then out at the hips.
Having said that body shape is the only true way to define curves. The size 16 person may carry the weight well and may have a smaller waist whereas the size 8 person can have a more boyish figure, and would still have a boyish figure at size 16- the characteristic 'truck' shape.

So here's the lesson, weight does not define curves, unless perhaps at only a completely extreme level, I hope you take this away with you and get rid of that misconception.

Goodbye.

lulz
Original post by Sabertooth
I was on the bus yesterday and when we got to a stop a 20ish year old skinny black dude ran to the front of the bus to help this supermassive 400lb white woman get on with her mixed race baby. She eventually managed to get in and wobbled to the front seats where she shouted "I need to sit here... move" to the people sitting there, who immediately fled (probably out of fear of being sat on). The black guy then sat in the seat next to (as close as next to as was possible) her and kept kissing her and whispering stuff to her the rest of the journey.

Love is sometimes blind. :s-smilie:

He probably can't afford his own Kentucky Fried ventures.

As far as OP goes, I would imagine you are easy. Do you get asked out mainly between one and two in the morning?
Original post by a_t
haha! nailed it in one

lulz

I changed it now to stop the 'lulzing'.

:ashamed2:
Reply 38
Original post by gilllybeans
The boys that are interested in you must be blind.:cool: Don't take it personally but there are tonnes of guys that think fat people are fit. They just can't see past the chavvy hair and makeup, not to mention the slutty personality.

my hair is normally left untied, its straight with the slightest hint of waves. the only make up i use is a hint of kohl and the slutty bit, i've never even kissed a guy just cos i was horny.

:s-smilie: i feel like ive been doing things wrong. surely there's this proper contingent routine that a fat girl must follow. tight chavvy hair, tonnes of make up. sleeping with anyone who winks at her. surely.
I'm a size 14, and get approached just as much now as when I was a 10/12. I don't actually think it's about size. it depends on the person, if you take care of yourself and try to look nice then it seems inevitable that you will be somebody's cup of tea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending