Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im fat and yet get asked out alot Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    im losing the weight, lost 1.5 stone already. and if you read this thread again, i tell people that losing weight is very necessary obviously, but dont lose sight of the fact that you have other things about you apart from just your body, that might be giving you a bit of an edge!
    Congratulations on the good work. Keep it up!

ReputationRep:
    You might be a size 16 but you might be a size 16 in width but not in girth. It doesn’t matter what size you are in you have a flat stomach because then you’re just curvy. So we would need pics. I agree that men are more attracted to your personality than anything else but your weight will always hold some merit. It also depends what type of boys you know some like size 0 some like size 12 etc…

ReputationRep:

Give it a listen and you'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just waiting for someone to post that pic of the girl with the pretty face then the next pic shows how fat she is.

Big girls you are beautiful (and I'm not being sarcastic) :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I see your point but....
    I would say personality and looks are just as important because both play a major role in a sexual relationship.
    If she is annoying, you would not go near here. If she is ugly, you would be friends. However I have high standards so I can imagine many guys would settle for much less then what I look for.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)
    Yeah, you're what we guys like to call a 'practice girl'. :ahee:

Definition: a practice girl is usually a fat/larger/ugly teenage girl whom teenage boys engage in sexual intercourse with for practice/expierence.

Practice girls don't have much social pull, nor does their pleasure matter, so they are perfect specimens for teenage boys to use to "step up" their sexual ability when they practice sex with a better/more attractive girl.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XU9x8G7khv...l-life-meg.jpg
    :rolleyes:

you do know that your impression of a size 16 is GROSSLY exaggerated, don't you? That person in the picture you've posted is nowhere NEAR a size 16 .

edited to add : you all seem to think that size 16 is practically whale-like. Yes, it's a bit overweight, but it's hardly MASSIVE.

OP you're probably pretty, and guys have absolutely NO IDEA what dress sizes actually look like, so it's not really that huge a shock that you should be asked out. Just enjoy it. I mean, by all means, work on losing weight, I'm size 16 myself and am aiming for a 12, but I don't think I'm absolutely enormous at the moment, I'm overweight but I'm not some rolling barrel or anything, and I highly doubt that you are either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    im a size 16 and yet i've noticed guys seem interested in getting to know me better and i get asked out quite a bit.

This is NOT me trying to tell you all that being fat is a good thing or that its OK, cos it isn't. I'm working on losing the weight myself! (I was a national swimmer until i got injured in an accident bad and was in bed rest for 2 years so put on 5 stone.)

My point here is that all you people who think they arent in relationships because of their bodies, chances are its more to do with your attitude towards yourself and your general demeanor rather than just your appearance.

I used to be quite curious about how in a superficial world like ours, someone very intelligent and at the same time extremely handsome would want to be with an unfit person, and then i was put to senses by the same man aforementioned, that he'd never met a girl sharper and more fun to be around. received many similar comments.

so all you people who think you need to be fitter than you are, continue working on yourself, and keep it in mind that you're more than just your body! all the best!

EDIT: about the fat girls are easier comment, i'd agree if it was like an ONS, not when people want relationships or when they ask you out on multiple dates.
    if your a girl then it explains it lol, if your a boy then ur doin aight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    :rolleyes:

you do know that your impression of a size 16 is GROSSLY exaggerated, don't you? That person in the picture you've posted is nowhere NEAR a size 16 .
    I was just about to say that the girl in the picture is actually bigger than a size 16 (unless she's exceptionally short). She looks the same as my friends who are size 18's. She's certainly a lot bigger than my size 14 friends.

ReputationRep:
    Your idea of fat might not be someone else's. Personally I don't go for "fat" girls any more than I do "skinny" but if you feel something for someone regardless of their size or other factors then you go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I get asked out a lot, i'm a size 6-8, my friend gets asked out a lot, she's a size 12-14, another friend of mine is a size 12 and rarely gets asked out, i think you're right, it's your attitude towards yourself, if you act confident and attractive, chances are people will find you attractive, good for you!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jennifer_l85)
    I was just about to say that the girl in the picture is actually bigger than a size 16 (unless she's exceptionally short). She looks the same as my friends who are size 18's. She's certainly a lot bigger than my size 14 friends.
    yeh she'd pretty much have to be a midget.

Some guys just like bigger girls. Its not exactly rocket science. Everyone has their own preferences.

For me, I don't mind if someone is a little bigger. Thats not to say I prefer it, I just don't mind. On the other hand, I can't stand anorexicly thin girls. I'd choose an obese person over an anorexic person any day of the week.

And I've said it before and I will say it again. Dress size is a **** judge of weight. IMO there is no point at all quoting dress sizes when we are talking about weight. Too many other factors can affect it. The shop, the brand, the style, if the girl has big boobs or not, etc etc.

(Original post by RachelWest)
    I'm a size 14, and get approached just as much now as when I was a 10/12. I don't actually think it's about size. it depends on the person, if you take care of yourself and try to look nice then it seems inevitable that you will be somebody's cup of tea.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    a size 16 isnt 'fat'. Its national average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    yeh she'd pretty much have to be a midget.
    When you said she's no where near a size 16 I thought you meant she was a lot smaller! My mistake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tfsdeth)
    a size 16 isnt 'fat'. Its national average.
    The average person in England is fat.

ReputationRep:
    Goddamnit never enough rep avaliable.

ReputationRep:
    This is a lovely post OP, good on you :top:. It's silly you're being negged for it though - the prejudice against big people on this forum is ridiculous.

(Original post by Jar of Hearts)
    Pff i'm quite thin and rarely get asked out... maybe i should try the fat thing..
    Haha, I'm exactly the same. Really, I often feel that being slim is so overrated :rolleyes:. I've even tried to put on weight before but it's so difficult :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

And I've said it before and I will say it again. Dress size is a **** judge of weight. IMO there is no point at all quoting dress sizes when we are talking about weight. Too many other factors can affect it. The shop, the brand, the style, if the girl has big boobs or not, etc etc.
    Not to mention that height is also a big factor too. A woman who is 5'0" tall and wears size 16 is likely to be overweight in comparison to a 6'0" woman who also wears size 16.

ReputationRep:
    You have a pretty face, carry your weight well (do not look like a size 16) and have confidence (most likely).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steff_stephanie)
    By 'the better men' I meant the ones who don't judge by looks, the ones that don't just 'go' for the pretty, skinny blonde ones. Rather, they look past the looks to the person underneath, those men that actually take the time to get to now the person before they shag them.
    I can safely say a size 14+ will have more curves than a size 4 etc. :rolleyes:
    Not necessarily. Curvy is a shape, not a size. I'm very curvy and I'm a size 8-10. There are people bigger than me who don't ahve curves because they're straight up and down. You can be curvy at any size.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.