Turn on thread page Beta

Im fat and yet get asked out alot watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    :rolleyes:

you do know that your impression of a size 16 is GROSSLY exaggerated, don't you? That person in the picture you've posted is nowhere NEAR a size 16 .

edited to add : you all seem to think that size 16 is practically whale-like. Yes, it's a bit overweight, but it's hardly MASSIVE.

OP you're probably pretty, and guys have absolutely NO IDEA what dress sizes actually look like, so it's not really that huge a shock that you should be asked out. Just enjoy it. I mean, by all means, work on losing weight, I'm size 16 myself and am aiming for a 12, but I don't think I'm absolutely enormous at the moment, I'm overweight but I'm not some rolling barrel or anything, and I highly doubt that you are either.
    So are you saying the woman in the pic that looks like meg is a grotesque whale???? Shame on you :ahee:

Size 8 vs size 16, sorry but I still prefer the size 8!!!!!!
    http://www.wordsaboutthings.co.uk/wp...issengland.jpg

ReputationRep:
    That's it. I'm going to go eat loads of Krispy Kremes.

BRB with the results in a few weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    im a size 16 and yet i've noticed guys seem interested in getting to know me better and i get asked out quite a bit.

This is NOT me trying to tell you all that being fat is a good thing or that its OK, cos it isn't. I'm working on losing the weight myself! (I was a national swimmer until i got injured in an accident bad and was in bed rest for 2 years so put on 5 stone.)

My point here is that all you people who think they arent in relationships because of their bodies, chances are its more to do with your attitude towards yourself and your general demeanor rather than just your appearance.

I used to be quite curious about how in a superficial world like ours, someone very intelligent and at the same time extremely handsome would want to be with an unfit person, and then i was put to senses by the same man aforementioned, that he'd never met a girl sharper and more fun to be around. received many similar comments.

so all you people who think you need to be fitter than you are, continue working on yourself, and keep it in mind that you're more than just your body! all the best!

EDIT: about the fat girls are easier comment, i'd agree if it was like an ONS, not when people want relationships or when they ask you out on multiple dates.
    Good for you, girl! I guess that goes to show that there are some guys in the world who don't just care about waist size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)
    So are you saying the woman in the pic that looks like meg is a grotesque whale???? Shame on you :ahee:

Size 8 vs size 16, sorry but I still prefer the size 8!!!!!!
    http://www.wordsaboutthings.co.uk/wp...issengland.jpg
    That's not your average size 16.

ReputationRep:
    it's not a myth that there are men who likes plus size girls. So no wonder that OP and other ladies around and above size 14 get asked out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    my hair is normally left untied, its straight with the slightest hint of waves. the only make up i use is a hint of kohl and the slutty bit, i've never even kissed a guy just cos i was horny.

i feel like ive been doing things wrong. surely there's this proper contingent routine that a fat girl must follow. tight chavvy hair, tonnes of make up. sleeping with anyone who winks at her. surely.
    Well maybe you live in a strange part of the country where all guys see past looks. Or maybe you're not as fat as you think.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.