Turn on thread page Beta

How old were you when you moved out watch

ReputationRep:
    How can uni not count? I will be moving out as I will be going about 4 and a half hours away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    It was a slow transition for me. Over the uni years I went home less and less, until by the time I graduated I never went home. Officially though, I moved out at 22 (i.e. have nothing of mine back at my parents house and don't have a key).
    How did you manage to that? I am going away to university this year and I really don't want to move back home after I graduate (due to personal reasons), but I am worried, because of the recession and the amount of jobs...I don't know if I'd be able to afford it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Why doesn't uni count, out of interest? I'm in halls atm and I wouldn't count that, but I'm moving to a studio flat which is going to be my little place. I don't rush back to my parents' house in every break, so I would consider that to be moving out, tbh.
    Same here, I am not at uni yet but when I am I wont be coming back often, and I'd like to never return home when I graduate.

I am 24 and still live with my parents they pay all my bills food etc I don't have a job. It's kind of embarrassing really.

ReputationRep:
    Sixteen. I had a job straight out of school and moved into a houseshare which only cost about £250pcm including bills so it wasn't too much of a problem. That is a fairly young age I suppose but things were a bit difficult at my mums at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    How did you manage to that? I am going away to university this year and I really don't want to move back home after I graduate (due to personal reasons), but I am worried, because of the recession and the amount of jobs...I don't know if I'd be able to afford it...
    I went to uni 05-08 so things were a lot better economically - I had a part time job so staying over the holidays allowed me to have a few extra shifts. I also did some unpaid lab experience over the summer holidays. I was lucky that I could afford to stay over the holidays (although to be completely honest uni towns tend to die when all the students go home over the summer), not really sure how easy it would be these days.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.