Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are boys so complicated?? Watch

Well, there's this boy I really like, who is like my best friend, we can tell each other everything. Everyone says we should go out, as we really suit each other... however he always seemed to imply that we would only ever be friends...

This made me think perhaps I wasn't good enough for him, but decided I'd settle for being close mates.

However, my friend and her boyfriend have just split up, and they barely talk any more....

and the boy I like said to me something like "that's why it's best not to be in a relationship, as once you split up you can never be friends again."

WHAT DOES HE MEAN??? It's not like either of us as particularly experienced, and there isn't anyone else that he's close to.... so is he afraid of losing our friendship??

So anyway TSRians, perhaps you can decipher this for me

ReputationRep:
    To find the answer just answer one simple question: Are you attractive?

ReputationRep:
    He sees you as a sister.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he is afraid of losing your friendship.
    If you got into a relationship with him & things didn't work out, your friendship would never be the same as how it was before.

He probably just doesn't want to risk losing that..

ReputationRep:
    It's really not a good idea to generalise in the title, then in your opening post, only talk about one specific boy.

ReputationRep:
    He was being cynical and meant exactly what he said.

Guys don't say things with hidden meanings like girls do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <3x)
    Yes, he is afraid of losing your friendship.
    If you got into a relationship with him & things didn't work out, your friendship would never be the same as how it was before.

He probably just doesn't want to risk losing that..
    This

ReputationRep:
    I agree. It would be so much simpler if he gave out signals half the time, was moody with you the other half of the time and eventually went off with some douchebag just as you thought you were getting somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I think the real question is;

Why the **** are girls so complicated? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, there's this boy I really like, who is like my best friend, we can tell each other everything. Everyone says we should go out, as we really suit each other... however he always seemed to imply that we would only ever be friends...

This made me think perhaps I wasn't good enough for him, but decided I'd settle for being close mates.

However, my friend and her boyfriend have just split up, and they barely talk any more....

and the boy I like said to me something like "that's why it's best not to be in a relationship, as once you split up you can never be friends again."

WHAT DOES HE MEAN??? It's not like either of us as particularly experienced, and there isn't anyone else that he's close to.... so is he afraid of losing our friendship??

its better to stay close friends then to go out , break up over something silly and never talk to each other again without having something bad in your mind

ReputationRep:

He doesn't want your vajayjay. If a guy wants a girl he's gonna take her, friend or not.

ReputationRep:
    From the sound of it, he sees you as a sister - he is protective of you, you are very close and he'd be there for you in a flash if you needed it, but the idea of kissing you would be like the idea of kissing a sister. Plus, be flattered - it shows he cherishes your friendship, and you'll always have him to ask for support if and when you find a new boyfriend, should anything go wrong. If you two started a relationship and it went wrong, would both of you have someone you trust and love enough to rely on to get you through it?

ReputationRep:
    Well you're seeing the wrong guy. Alot of guys take the no BS approach.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still friends with 4/5 of my exes. Just sayin'

But I wouldnt try to make this into something more than it is, that in itself could make things awkward between you... unless he starts to play ball, I think I'd drop it.

ReputationRep:
    We really aren't complicated.

We:

Eat
    Sh*t
    Sleep
    Drink
    Breed

I've just described to you the basic mechanics of any boy. If you can facilitate these requirements, then you should be able to bag any guy you want. Just remember to walk him regularly and to crack the car window open when it's hot.

ReputationRep:
    You're ugly as **** is the reason.

ReputationRep:
    it's clear the man doesn't want to hump you. if he did, you wouldn't give a **** about the whole friendship thing.

ReputationRep:

ONe simple answer: he is afraid of another relationship... not prepared for the drama......... maybe just wait a little longer, this is how I felt once. scared on being judged/ all that goes with having a relationship

ReputationRep:
    Really? I get told I'm simple regularly.

Sounds like he means what he says. It could either be a passing comment and not relate to your friendship, or a message to you. It doesn't seem to be a positive sign if you want to take the friendship further. When was his last relationship..and did it end badly? (I assume so.)

ReputationRep:
    Talk.

To.

Him.

You're not going to get answers by posting anonymously on TSR for crying out loud, the only person who knows the answer you're looking for is him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.