Turn on thread page Beta

Fed up of my unprofessional boss, don't know what to do. watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been working in a shop for like 7 months now, basically fed up of it and my manager is an idiot. I earn less than someone on dole and really want to leave but feel as though I need a job incase I can't find another.....this is the story....

The shop is quite big and understaffed, we have no security and constant *****ing. We have one man in charge and the rest are sales assistant women (he sacked all the men and a few women).
    Our manager has proved on many occasions he has no idea what he's doing and his behaviour is so inappropriate and it quite frankly disgusts me. He has made several sexual comments towards my work friend (staring at her boobs and bum, holding her waist whenever he walks past and made inappropriate comments to name a few) and about young female customers to one of the staff such as "i'd help her try that bra on" He acts really weird and tries to be funny. The majority of the time he will make comments while customers are still in the shop such as "she's got a fat ass" and "fat people shouldn't be allowed clothes" He constantly degrades people and we are all sick of it.

I've always noticed that he hardly talks to me and gives me ridiculous time lines for jobs then complains if it takes 5 mins longer. He tends to give everyone jobs to do except me unless he has to and recently he's been blaming me for everything that goes wrong in the shop. *****ing to my work friends about me and basically saying i'm no good at my job. If I try to move something or change something in the shop he has a massive fit and tells me i'm wrong (and not in a nice way) It's got to the point I don't want to even try to learn merchandising or anything other than basic retail. Whenever another manager/supervisor is in to cover I get on fine and move things to where I think they should go and so far they've always approved of my choice.

I think his behaviour is really unprofessional, this is just the tip of iceberg really, I would be here all day trying to describe the full situation!

TLDR: My boss acts unprofessionally, *****es about other staff to us, shows favouritism and makes inappropriate sexual comments. What should I do?

"Inb4 cool story bro"

Sarah if you want to add anything please feel free

ReputationRep:
    mine smacks on bum but I'm a guy and she's a girl so society's happy with this

ReputationRep:
    Quit? Or do him for sexual harassment :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    you could record it, show it to your highers and take his job bam problem solved, or you could look for a new job and when you find it leave this one with a stylish leaving maybe a pie in the face? lol

ReputationRep:
    I would actually put up with that, desperate as I am for a job right now. D:
    Any chance you could complain to someone higher up, ie. make a formal complaint to the company? If you can get others to back you up and provide evidence, ie. keep a diary, record his voice, you'll have a pretty good chance of him being reprimanded at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    I would actually put up with that, desperate as I am for a job right now. D:
    Any chance you could complain to someone higher up, ie. make a formal complaint to the company? If you can get others to back you up and provide evidence, ie. keep a diary, record his voice, you'll have a pretty good chance of him being reprimanded at the very least.
    Yer I thought I could put up with it but since i'm now in the firing line all the time i'm so fed up plus we come in everyday, reorder the clothes in size order, hoover the floor then mop it and we just get told off for not being good enough and he tells the regional manager the staff aren't good enough even though its him. I absolutely hate it and his behaviour really makes me mad.

Oh and above all this we have ants in the kitchen, the toilet is all dusty and he always uses ours and leaves stains on it. The same mops to clean the toilet are used to clean the shop floor. Environmental health would go nuts!......hmmmm

Really hope he loses his job soon it would be a much better place to work!

ReputationRep:
    This man sounds like he has a sexual harrassment tribune on his hands...you have a very good case there, keep a diary. Its bullying, harassment and disgusting.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.