Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel uncomfortable around my lesbian sister. watch

ReputationRep:
    Please don't tell me that you're one of those people that assumes gay people are attracted to everyone.

Are you attracted to every guy you see? Are you attracted to every male relative you have? No? Pretty likely that she's the same, too.

Get the **** over yourself.

(Original post by Arteta)
    That's very stupid. It's funny when people get homophobic because they assume all gays want them. Gay people aren't like that.

I mean you like guys, so if you have/had a brother would you fancy him?

It is just illogical.
    (Original post by kokiri)
    People; it's a troll.
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    I assume you feel the same way around your father, assuming he is heterosexual? I just don't know how you could possibly cope living in the same house as a man who is sexually attracted to women, UGH. How gross.
    (Original post by Roloqueen)
    If you had a straight brother, would you constantly worry about whether he was perving on you? Probably not. And would you constantly perve on your brother if you had one? No. Because just because you fancy members of a certain sex doesn't mean you fancy every single member of that sex... especially not if they're your sibling.

Your sister is the same person she always was and she does NOT fancy you. Get real.
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    I don't think the OP is really worried about incest, she is simply prejudiced against homosexuals. Somehow they're "perverse".

I dont share a bed or change my clothes in front of my brother so stfu and give a better reply.

ReputationRep:
    Op, I like girls, but that doesn't mean I wanna sex up my mum, you dig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tba90)
    She is still your sister and she hasn't changed.

Just accept her for the decision she has made.
    ... 'decision'? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dont share a bed or change my clothes in front of my brother so stfu and give a better reply.
    She's still a girl and she's still not attracted to you ... nothing's changed.

(Original post by Instincts_2012)
    Op, I like girls, but that doesn't mean I wanna sex up my mum, you dig?
    I dont share a bed with my brother, and he doesnt watch me get changed naked.

ReputationRep:
    So? I play rugby and have communal showers with the other rugby girls. It doesn't bother me, because I know that I am not the centre of attention and just because some of the girls are lesbian or bi (me included), does not mean that they are automatically attracted to me.

ReputationRep:
    Prejudice arises out of ignorance. Ask her questions about it, and chances are you will eventually realise that she is the same person she was before she came out, you just know her better.

ReputationRep:
    ****. Run. Get as far away from her as possible you homophobe.

Don't you think it was hard enough for her to "come out", without having to deal with her own family acting like you are now?

Being a supportive sister may have been a slightly better role to take tbh.

ReputationRep:
    she's your sister
    Just because she's a lesbian doesn't mean she's eyeing up her own family
    lesbian and incest are two completly different things
    She's still your sister. Her sexual preferences shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to your relationship with her

ReputationRep:
    Why are you scared of changing clothes in front of your brother :lolwut:
    Do you really consider your brother a potential incestuous rapist?

My family are all comfortable seeing each other naked, how can you not be comfortable around your OWN flesh and blood for God's sake.

ReputationRep:
    Is the reason for that because you think he might be attracted to you, or is it because it's generally a bit taboo here for girls and boys who aren't together (and in some families, related) to change in front of each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    There's only one way to solve this. You should move out to somewhere she can't get to you. Benghazi, Pyongyang or maybe Orkney.

:yy:
    Sadly there's plenty of homophobic people in Orkney, so the OP would fit in well. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)
    This is as logical as all brothers fancying their sisters.

Lesbian =/= Incest.
    Agree.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.