Turn on thread page Beta

Latex dress to university ball? watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title suggests, this is what I fancy wearing to my university rocksoc ball. Because it's a society ball I feel as though I might be able to push the boundaries a little.

It's an above-knee black latex pencil dress, which I'm planning on dressing up with nice accessories.

Has anyone else worn anything different to the usual satin cocktail dress to a ball?

ReputationRep:
    Rocksoc ball = everybody getting drunk in slighly fancier clothing than usual, at least at my university. Go for it, wipe-clean formal attire sounds like the perfect combination for such an event . But bear in mind that you will get ridiculously hot if it's summer/very crowded!

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar quandry not so long ago with a latex skirt that I was a bit nervous about (but absolutely love). In the end I was really happy that it was a bit of a non event and it got virtually no attention at all. Maybe with so much latex etc in the media its not even really 'edgy' anymore? who knows - but I would say if its a nice dress then do it. Whatever its made of - a nice dress is still a nice dress.

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of what a latex dress looks like, all I can imagine is a woman in a giant condom...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimcatinnes)
    I can't think of what a latex dress looks like, all I can imagine is a woman in a giant condom...
    Have you been on the internet very long? :confused: Surely you've come across fetish websites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimcatinnes)
    Hahaha, excellent. Luckily latex clothing looks and smells a lot nicer than condoms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColaCat)
    I had a similar quandry not so long ago with a latex skirt that I was a bit nervous about (but absolutely love). In the end I was really happy that it was a bit of a non event and it got virtually no attention at all. Maybe with so much latex etc in the media its not even really 'edgy' anymore? who knows - but I would say if its a nice dress then do it. Whatever its made of - a nice dress is still a nice dress.
    Thanks for the help :]

I think you're right. With celebrities in latex and the whole 'wet-look' trend going on at the moment it probably won't end up being that remarkable.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds so hot you have no idea :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I, for one, would like to see a pic...just to make sure it looks good

ReputationRep:
    Yes please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon1992)
    I, for one, would like to see a pic...just to make sure it looks good
    I concur, we need pics.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds fine for rocksoc. I know people who would wear something similar on a standard night, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, it's fine. It doesn't matter what others wear as long as you're happy with it yourself. Being in a rocksock you shouldn't even need to ask

ReputationRep:
    Can we see a pic?

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you have the confidence to pull it off! Go for it!!!
    x

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be hot . i was at a club in london last week, and i saw a girl in leather trousers! which was off course hot. i would go for it !

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.