Turn on thread page Beta

typical routine when you go to the gym watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start going to the gym tommorow i've never been before and it's just dawned on me i haven't got a clue on what to do for the 2 hours i'm going there for....

i'm a girl, 22
    bodywise i'm skinny (maybe too skinny) but i feel unhealthy because of lack of exercise and bad eating habits which i'm changing as well

what kind of stuff do you do when you go or stuff you suggest i should do as a easy start up

ReputationRep:
    At my gym they gave you an induction, like taught you how to use the machines, what part of the body they work on etc. and they made a little workout plan, based on fitness already (did a heart monitor thing and stuff).

See myself, I was skinny when I went.. but really unfit as I had been out of my normal cheerleading for a fair amount of time. I went on the treadmill to warm up, then the bike things... for all of 10 minutes then I was laying on the floor.

Don't give yourself more than you can handle. Work up slowly is all I can say aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jar of Hearts)
    At my gym they gave you an induction, like taught you how to use the machines, what part of the body they work on etc. and they made a little workout plan, based on fitness already (did a heart monitor thing and stuff).

See myself, I was skinny when I went.. but really unfit as I had been out of my normal cheerleading for a fair amount of time. I went on the treadmill to warm up, then the bike things... for all of 10 minutes then I was laying on the floor.

Don't give yourself more than you can handle. Work up slowly is all I can say aha.
    thanks i think i'll be similar tomorrow lol i have an induction tommorow but wasn't sure whether they will explain a typical regime maybe they will tommorow ... not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweety_2479)
    I'm going to start going to the gym tommorow i've never been before and it's just dawned on me i haven't got a clue on what to do for the 2 hours i'm going there for....

i'm a girl, 22
    bodywise i'm skinny (maybe too skinny) but i feel unhealthy because of lack of exercise and bad eating habits which i'm changing as well

what kind of stuff do you do when you go or stuff you suggest i should do as a easy start up
    If you're "too skinny" then you probably need to do a bit of weight training. During the induction they should talk you through the free weights area and hopefully show you/teach you correct technique on them....

I'd say make sure you read this sticky from Powerlifter.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=887324

Then go to the barbelles society OP, and find one of the workouts they link to and do them...
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1445988

If you can squat/deadlift/bench/press during the induction then you'll be fine going into the free weights area later and doing them again...

ReputationRep:
    First learn the exercises, learn how to manage yr time, including time for eating ..And not force at start, even talking for months, and not wait for results over night!

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.