Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls/Guys, Do you think you should look your best every day? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think you should look your best everyday?

I take pride in my appearance and will dress to reflect that.
    However days where I can't be ****ed I'll look like an unruly mess and regret it the next day.

I'm not really bothered what other people think to be fair.

(Original post by Milky Milk)
    Do you think you should look your best everyday? Or save it for special occasions?

Firstly, by your best I don't mean being completely decked to the nines everyday with a face full of makeup. Basically, not how you'd look on a night out but just make up and hair done more than au naturelle and looking your best casually.

I wonder is it worth it to you? I personally don't do it as often as I'm lazy but I tend to feel better when I make more of an effort yet I don't want people to always see me at my best and when it comes to seeing me not at it, they're completely put off or something.

What are your own thoughts or doings??
    Well I do try to look nice every day, but obviously on special occasions, everyone tries a bit harder. But if I can't be bothered to straighten my hair, I just leave it to its natural curly bush-like self

Personally I think the prettiest people are the ones who look more natural... there's nothing worse than having your face caked in make-up

I think definitely we should try to look our best every day. I'm not suggesting we spend hours getting ready to go out in the morning, but it pays off to make an effort consistently.

I have to say though, as someone who tries to do this, I get a bit of flak for it. Like I've been told my colleagues at work used to joke about the fact I wore a different outfit everyday. Similarly, my friends keep gently mocking how I colour-coordinate my clothes, and I've had supervision partners dryly pointing out I always look like I'm dressing up for our supervisions!

So I guess I'd fare a lot better if everyone else made more of an effort with clothing too

Naaah, I'm lazy! I save my effort for special occasions XD

Don't remember the last time I attempted to look my "best". :/
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.