The Student Room Group

Visiting a call girl?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rory :)
Nah don't do it, I had a friend that did it and I just LOL at him it is pretty sad you will lose your street cred.

Got a feeling I wont tell a living thing about it.
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Got a feeling I wont tell a living thing about it.

You can't touch and kiss them, and also he said it was crap. In my opinion from seeing 3 of my mates have one it's something I would never do, it is a waste of money and why not try and pull a girl, you get a bit more achievement out of it.
Reply 22
Original post by EmilyMcB
You will have to tell your children that's how you lost your virginity.

Made me chuckle.

If it means that much to you, OP, then do that. It's your choice, we can't make it for you.
Reply 23
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
Morality is not exclusively associated with 'harming people', unless you are a utilitarian. I am not. Morality (to me) is to do with what is intrinsically right, with some leeway for situational factors.

There's is no such thing as anything being 'intrinsically right', that is a myth.

How can you explain that the same action can sometimes cause good consequences, whilst at other times cause bad consequences. How can something be 'intrinsically wrong' if it has no bad consequences and only good ones?

Then how do you decide what is 'intrinsically' right or wrong if the consequences don't even matter?

I don't see how you can have a morality that is not utilitarian, it is the only system of morality that makes any logical sense. Someone explain to me how using a call girl is 'intrinsically wrong'?
Original post by Stefan1991
There's is no such thing as anything being 'intrinsically right', that is a myth.

How can you explain that the same action can sometimes cause good consequences, whilst at other times cause bad consequences. How can something be 'intrinsically wrong' if it has no bad consequences and only good ones?

Then how do you decide what is 'intrinsically' right or wrong if the consequences don't even matter?

I don't see how you can have a morality that is not utilitarian, it is the only system of morality that makes any logical sense. Someone explain to me how using a call girl is 'intrinsically wrong'?

I didn't say it was! I don't think it is! I agree with you that there is nothing intrinsically wrong with it! He may not agree, so we can't tell him that it's right when we don't know.

It's not for you to decide what anybody else's morals are. I also clarified earlier that I don't think everything is either right or wrong, and that situational factors come into it. Kant would say the consequences don't matter. I disagree, I think they do matter, but they are not all that matters.

At no point did I say that hiring a call girl was right or wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending