Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I am struggling to pass my exams, 5 weeks left and cannot bring myself to face revision. Have always procrastinated, and don't know how to change this.

Am in a loveless relationship.

I have so many family problems.

I feel so overwhelmed with all my problems.

Even tsr don't care

ReputationRep:
    I have had a problem with procrastination. Say to yourself "I will do 10 minutes work". Then after you do those 10 minutes you can choose whether to continue of stop working.

Trust me, more often than not you will continue working.
    I wish you the best of luck in your exams

ReputationRep:
    You just have to work the best with what you have. Hope it works out though!

ReputationRep:
    Hey feel free to pour out your problems, the people here tend to try and be quite helpful. If things get too much for you, just remember you can easily take some time out and do something like volunteering which can be really fulfilling and provide a sense of worth and direction.

For your relationship, end it whenever possible. With regards to revision, everyone procastrinates, nobody is a machine that continuously works. Just take it in small amounts and you'll see the overall load lighten.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh_9QhRzJEs :bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

Don't beat yourself up! In regards to exams TAKE ACTION NOW make a revision plan and stick to it, do revision in sections take regular breaks and do plenty of past papers/get people to test you on your knowledge. What your plans for the future or even summer? Motivate yourself with the feeling of sucess
    As for being in a loveless relationship...you should think about your motives for wanting to be with them, maybe its time to end it if your not happy, and move on to bigger and better things, but only you can call it.
    With family problems its difficult to give advice, but try telling them how your feeling..maybe together you'll work it out.
    In general if youre feeling lonely talk to someone, don't spend everyday indoors, get out their try something knew and try to keep focused on the positive

ReputationRep:
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...raloneface.png

Yes, I know, thats over-used.

You need to end this "loveless relationship" and start over. Things will get better.

ReputationRep:
    Damnit you beat me to it!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that

http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/so-ronery.jpg

(Original post by AndroidLight)
    Hey feel free to pour out your problems, the people here tend to try and be quite helpful. If things get too much for you, just remember you can easily take some time out and do something like volunteering which can be really fulfilling and provide a sense of worth and direction.

For your relationship, end it whenever possible. With regards to revision, everyone procastrinates, nobody is a machine that continuously works. Just take it in small amounts and you'll see the overall load lighten.
    thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Forget about everything for now. You have more important things to worry about.

Vader's advice: bash one out, fall asleep dreaming of how great life will be when you have done your work and gained your qualifications, start working really hard in the morning.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.