Turn on thread page Beta

Why are girls not just interested in me? watch

ANONYMOUS OR DELETE, THANKS.

Okay, it's the time of the year where we go to the beaches and lie outside in the sun and tan and everything.

I would not say that I am fat, (My jeans size is W31) but I am not "flat" or "muscled" either. I don't quite have love handles but I have slight, erm... curves.

Would that be a turn off? The kind of girls I am aiming for seem to hang out with the very tall types you see on Uni Campuses these days (not even the athletes, just the guys that are almost twice as tall as the girls...), they are all "flat".

I mean well, I am 20 years old now, I have never had a girlfriend, all my flirting attempts have failed and when I invited girls to go somewhere like the school ball at the end of the year I was to find out that either they thought I was gay, or they were Lesbians, or they had a boyfriend...

I am getting kind of frustrated. I mean I may not be very good with social stuff (I have Aspergers Syndrome...) but I have an extremely high IQ, I'm from a very good family, and I'd always treat a girl right and do all I can to make her feel loved.

For some reason the only girls that were ever interested in me were either ugly or boring. I do have very high standards, maybe I should lower them? I want to get married some day, have children maybe. I am not just looking for a quick erm, intercourse session. I want to find -her- which is why she not only has to have the looks but also the brains and personality... Whenever I have found such a girl I was rejected or she was taken...

I can't imagine turning 21 without even having kissed a girl... I just feel so lonely, what should I do?

NB: If you don't know what Aspergers is then please look it up before responding to this thread.

(Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    Probably because you don't have a cape. It worked wonders for me. Before the cape I was just some awkward looking idiot in a black suit with a helmet. When I added a cape, it was as if all of a sudden I commanded respect. I've gone out once or twice without it, never again! I have noticed a huge difference. Now I am swimming in poon, and you can too.
    Can I get some serious answers please?

ReputationRep:
    Probably because you don't have a cape. It worked wonders for me. Before the cape I was just some awkward looking idiot in a black suit with a helmet. When I added a cape, it was as if all of a sudden I commanded respect. I've gone out once or twice without it, never again! I have noticed a huge difference. Now I am swimming in poon, and you can too.
    A Cape! That made me lol

your standards miht be too high and you might come across as boring to people. there could be thosands of reasons! 2bh only sombody who knows you personally can answer this

ReputationRep:
    Women like three types of men, JLS style homos with long clean hair, buff, hard **** for brains types and guys with money.You must become one of those types.

(Original post by Khaysha-Saine)
    A Cape! That made me lol

your standards miht be too high and you might come across as boring to people. there could be thosands of reasons! 2bh only sombody who knows you personally can answer this
    Well, I think that sometimes I may be the one that seems bored.

But I do get bored very easily, even if I am talking about something that interests me I'll have a look like the cat just died...

I mean I'm a nice guy and I'm single. Plenty of chavy butt-holes out there that have girlfriends. Why?

I am polite, I have respect for women, I don't do vulgar things in public, I swear (Okay that's a lie but I don't wear much)

ReputationRep:
    Be honest with yourself, if you think you're about a 4/10 in the looks department and you're going after 9s/10s then it's always going to be a harder nut to crack mate.

ReputationRep:
    the helmet is hot. and your voice :p:

i dont think it's your weight... that sounds pretty slim tbh. would you say you are good looking? facially? also, dress sense and hair style can play a big role in making guys appear good looking. both these things can make an average guy look good.

your aspergers may also be part of the problem. i knew a guy with aspergers and he was pretty socially awkward and tended to talk a lot about himself. maybe the best way for you to meet girls (rather than at clubs) is through friends? that way, you get a better chance of getting to know them and seeing if they are interested... girls in clubs are pretty dismissive and if you're a bit awkward, they are more likely to reject you.

(Original post by FrostyLemon)
    Be honest with yourself, if you think you're about a 4/10 in the looks department and you're going after 9s/10s then it's always going to be a harder nut to crack mate.
    Nah, I look alright. I'm no Pierce Brosnan but I think I look alright, I am very selective in what I wear and I am very self conscious as far as my appearance is concerned (probably the reason why some girls think I'm gay). On the downside I'm only 1m73 tall.

Well I dress erm... Elegantly most of the time. I never wear t-shirts or hoodies. Instead I wear shirts, cashmere pullovers, Polo shirts, Blazers, Blue Jeans, Chinos, Corduroys etc...

The kind of girls I am interested in are usually the female equivalent of how I dress, the preppy girls. Look wise I don't necessarily aim at 10/10 but probably wouldn't settle for a girl below 7. Personality is the most important aspect though, I want a girl who's always in a good mood, and joyful and talks all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, I think that sometimes I may be the one that seems bored.

But I do get bored very easily, even if I am talking about something that interests me I'll have a look like the cat just died...

I mean I'm a nice guy and I'm single. Plenty of chavy butt-holes out there that have girlfriends. Why?

I am polite, I have respect for women, I don't do vulgar things in public, I swear (Okay that's a lie but I don't wear much)
    The dead cat look probably isn’t helping you lol. Try working on smiling more and pretending to be more interested than you really are. And when you think about it chavvy people don’t care who/what you go out with so don’t compare yourself to them. Like you said you have standards and know what you want from your girlfriend. All I can suggest for the kissing is get drunk on a night out and kiss a girl but as for a relationship when that perfect girl comes along you will know it. (I know it sound clique) you can lower your standards if you really think there too high but you don’t want to lower then too much.

ReputationRep:
    ANONYMOUS OR DELETE, THANKS.

Okay, it's the time of the year where we go to the beaches and lie outside in the sun and tan and everything.

I would not say that I am fat, (My jeans size is W31) but I am not "flat" or "muscled" either. I don't quite have love handles but I have slight, erm... curves.

Would that be a turn off? The kind of girls I am aiming for seem to hang out with the very tall types you see on Uni Campuses these days (not even the athletes, just the guys that are almost twice as tall as the girls...), they are all "flat".

I mean well, I am 20 years old now, I have never had a girlfriend, all my flirting attempts have failed and when I invited girls to go somewhere like the school ball at the end of the year I was to find out that either they thought I was gay, or they were Lesbians, or they had a boyfriend...

I am getting kind of frustrated. I mean I may not be very good with social stuff (I have Aspergers Syndrome...) but I have an extremely high IQ, I'm from a very good family, and I'd always treat a girl right and do all I can to make her feel loved.

For some reason the only girls that were ever interested in me were either ugly or boring. I do have very high standards, maybe I should lower them? I want to get married some day, have children maybe. I am not just looking for a quick erm, intercourse session. I want to find -her- which is why she not only has to have the looks but also the brains and personality... Whenever I have found such a girl I was rejected or she was taken...

I can't imagine turning 21 without even having kissed a girl... I just feel so lonely, what should I do?

NB: If you don't know what Aspergers is then please look it up before responding to this thread.

A bit strange to be thinking about finding a girl to marry when you're only at university...

ReputationRep:
    Can I get some serious answers please?

No you may not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popple7)
    the helmet is hot. and your voice :p:

Well in that case, may I offer you some sex?

ReputationRep:
    ...talks all the time.
    even though you look like a cat has died when you get bored of people talking? :p: jk. i agree with the poster above, you should work on trying to look more interested than you are... smiling and agreeing (e.g. "yes... right... yeah... really... wow.." etc where appropriate).. i dunno, it's probably much harder for you than i can understand though!

maybe relax your style a bit... it sounds a bit 'mature' for your age. maybe that's putting girls off? and making people think you are gay? at the moment, you are limiting your options by dressing so conservatively... even though you like preppy girls, a change of style might work for you.

ask your friends if they know any single girls that they can set you up with.. also, try lowering your standards a little... because once you get to know a girl, her personality might make her more attractive?

Well in that case, may I offer you some sex?
    im ok, appreciate the offer though, darth.

When I was a kid all my friends were girls. Since puberty I found it hard to approach girls and so I don't have many friends. Being 'awkward socially' doesn't help.

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    You have the charisma of a damp rag and the appearance of a low grade bank clerk.

(Original post by BradfordCityJoss)
    You have the charisma of a damp rag and the appearance of a low grade bank clerk.
    You don't know that!

ReputationRep:
    You don't know that!
    Fine. You have the charisma of a damp rag and the appearance of a low grade bank clerk. One assumes.

ReputationRep:
    you wear chinos? I think we have found your answer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.