Turn on thread page Beta

Why are girls not just interested in me? watch

ReputationRep:
    work out. eat oats. do squats. get a haircut. make a girl want you, instead of sucking up to one. /thread

ReputationRep:
    Dude I feel a lil sorry for you - but don't ever expect to get decent responses from people here on TSR...

Only advice I can give is keep trying. Don't be so desperate - find yourself a hobby and make girls second priority. But once you do find one, of course push your hobby to the side.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to be a ****, but if you have Aspergers it's probably a lot to do with that.

How noticeable is it? I've only known 2 people with Aspergers, and it was quite obvious. To the extent that they thought they were doing something right socially and it just came off as weird and awkward. I really don't know much about the varying degrees of it though

Anyway, I'm the same sort of guy as you, apart from the Aspergers by the sounds of it. I am, by no means socially adept, but I undertsand I don't have the barrier you do. How's your style? Changing my style got me a little attention. I'd say Summer is the perfect time for reinvention, especially in readyness for a return to term in September. If you start doing some light gym work now, maybe shed a few pounds, and bulk up your arms a little and combine it with a new, more flattering style then you will get more off the bat attention. That said, that is the easy part, developing socially, seeing where you're going wrong is harder, for me, I just tried to pinpoint exactly where I was going wrong. I found I was too quiet, and that when I did say something, it was frequently either too indepth or too off the wall.

(Original post by Hadouken)
    you wear chinos? I think we have found your answer.
    He wears them too. Still gets all the girls.

http://fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uplo...ones_4_005.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Well, you've sort of answered this yourself- your standards are high. When you say either "ugly or boring"- that's a pretty broad and general statement. I've met guys and never had it ever crossed my mind that they were attractive to me- but their personality makes them attractive. If you gave a girl you might not otherwise find pretty a chance, you might be very pleasantly surprised. Any halfway decent looking girl that gives you attention, that's nice to you and that you get along with well, will make you attracted to her.

If you're trying to find "the one"- I highly suggest you don't make that known to a girl you want to go out with. Most girls would be freaked out by a large desire for such serious committment so quickly. Start out as friends and take it one step at a time. Don't go declaring your love for her after the first date. Later down the track when a relationship is more established and comfortable, then sure. But not when you two are still trying to get to know each other. You're still young- ****, you've still got growing up to do, like everyone at 20. You've got to have an open mind about things and always lend yourself to the idea that there's still other roads to go down, possibly with other women. Don't get it in your mind so early on that this girl is the one for you, because it will freak the girl out.

For now, focus on meeting new people and having an open mind, exploring your options- not on the idea of trying to hone in on a girl and convincing yourself that she is the one to spend the rest of your life with. With Asperger's, I understand that social interactions could come less naturally than to some people. A good idea is to meet girls through mates you have already. Maybe your mate's girlfriend has a single friend? An option may be to find girls that also have Aspergers- that way you two already have common ground and you can understand each other more than another girl possibly might.

Dating is largely a trial and error process. You are gonna come across girls that don't like you, or girls that you aren't going to like, and that's a fact of life. But you'll eventually come across one that is gonna feel like that missing piece in a jigsaw puzzle, even if it takes a few failed tries in the process.

ReputationRep:
    Your standards may just be too high.

(Original post by get__free)
    Well, you've sort of answered this yourself- your standards are high. When you say either "ugly or boring"- that's a pretty broad and general statement. I've met guys and never had it ever crossed my mind that they were attractive to me- but their personality makes them attractive. If you gave a girl you might not otherwise find pretty a chance, you might be very pleasantly surprised. Any halfway decent looking girl that gives you attention, that's nice to you and that you get along with well, will make you attracted to her.

If you're trying to find "the one"- I highly suggest you don't make that known to a girl you want to go out with. Most girls would be freaked out by a large desire for such serious committment so quickly. Start out as friends and take it one step at a time. Don't go declaring your love for her after the first date. Later down the track when a relationship is more established and comfortable, then sure. But not when you two are still trying to get to know each other. You're still young- ****, you've still got growing up to do, like everyone at 20. You've got to have an open mind about things and always lend yourself to the idea that there's still other roads to go down, possibly with other women. Don't get it in your mind so early on that this girl is the one for you, because it will freak the girl out.

For now, focus on meeting new people and having an open mind, exploring your options- not on the idea of trying to hone in on a girl and convincing yourself that she is the one to spend the rest of your life with. With Asperger's, I understand that social interactions could come less naturally than to some people. A good idea is to meet girls through mates you have already. Maybe your mate's girlfriend has a single friend? An option may be to find girls that also have Aspergers- that way you two already have common ground and you can understand each other more than another girl possibly might.

Dating is largely a trial and error process. You are gonna come across girls that don't like you, or girls that you aren't going to like, and that's a fact of life. But you'll eventually come across one that is gonna feel like that missing piece in a jigsaw puzzle, even if it takes a few failed tries in the process.
    Thank you! The problem is that I don't actually have many friends these days. In fact none within erm, at least 100km...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.