Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have had one bad relationship and I am too scared to get into another one. How do people get over this?

ReputationRep:
    Usually by posting anonymously on internet forums.

ReputationRep:
    Comfort eat until you're the size of a whale.

ReputationRep:
    Realise you were stupid and went for a ****?

ReputationRep:
    Okay.

Usually TSR are nicer

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I can trust you either.

ReputationRep:
    the best way to get over a guy is to get under another one.

(Original post by Drumzilla)
    the best way to get over a guy is to get under another one.
    You offering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You offering?
    Sounds like wedding bells.

ReputationRep:
    You offering?
    alas without pics i cannot say.

(Original post by Mann18)
    Sounds like wedding bells.
    and they say romance is dead

ReputationRep:
    So far OP, you're doing it right.

alas without pics i cannot say.

and they say romance is dead
    I actually think if I was in a party right now it would've been a one night stand all the way. Had better make some plans for tomorrow, rebound guy won't know what hit him!

ReputationRep:
    I actually think if I was in a party right now it would've been a one night stand all the way. Had better make some plans for tomorrow, rebound guy won't know what hit him!
    i wish you all the best, can't beat a bit of angry rebound sex

i wish you all the best, can't beat a bit of angry rebound sex
    Sounds like you have experience nice well for me it'll be an interesting one.

ReputationRep:
    it's certainly fun

just play safe

ReputationRep:
    I have had one bad relationship and I am too scared to get into another one. How do people get over this?
    How old are you? A lot of times women just... date too early and they expect a lot more then they are going to get out of the relationship. Granted there are great guys out there that would treat their girlfriend right but a lot of them just aren't there mentally.

(Original post by Young Spade)
    How old are you? A lot of times women just... date too early and they expect a lot more then they are going to get out of the relationship. Granted there are great guys out there that would treat their girlfriend right but a lot of them just aren't there mentally.
    Im 17...not too young!

ReputationRep:
    Im 17...not too young!
    Lol... yea I think you're too young

A lot of people don't think they're too young but they really are; they date and then wonder why they can't "find the right guy or every guy cheats on them."

You might not be too young in particular but a large percentage of men you're going to be interested in are.

(Original post by Young Spade)
    Lol... yea I think you're too young

A lot of people don't think they're too young but they really are; they date and then wonder why they can't "find the right guy or every guy cheats on them."

You might not be too young in particular but a large percentage of men you're going to be interested in are.
    I'm planning on dating an older guy next time, as you're right, my boyfriend was far too immature for me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.