Turn on thread page Beta

I can't trust men watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm planning on dating an older guy next time, as you're right, my boyfriend was far too immature for me.
    You should do that. I don't.... want to get too personal here but don't get sucked into a sexual relationship... if you're not comfortable with that yet.

Just a heads up, guys are highly hormonal and.... well love sex lol. If you aren't comfortable doing it, don't get sucked into doing it just to make him happy... or because he makes you feel good. A lot of girls date young and end up losing it to guys they regret losing it to later.

Just to clarify I'm not suggesting that you do... what I'm saying per say, just be aware of what's going on around you

I hope everything works out with you and him; I'm older than my girlfriend by 2 years and our relationship gets better as time goes on... hell it's our 6 month anniversary today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm planning on dating an older guy next time, as you're right, my boyfriend was far too immature for me.
    I think thats prob the best advice you could give yourself. Most 17 yr old lads think that a clit is an xbox game or something he can roll and smoke. IMO focus on your education as a full on relationship MAY put a strain on it.

ReputationRep:
    ofc you can't trust men..WE ARE EVIL!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You just do it, nothing else you can do.

ReputationRep:
    Grow a pair?

ReputationRep:
    become a dominatrix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnockoffNeil)
    I think thats prob the best advice you could give yourself. Most 17 yr old lads think that a clit is an xbox game or something he can roll and smoke.
    LOL. Best advice ever.

ReputationRep:
    IMO OP, everyone get's screwed over once, it's then you're job not to let it happen again. No, its not always a girl's fault if she gets hurt, but there may have been early warning signs or something that didnt 'feel right' which you chose to ignore because you felt so strongly for him.

Maybe you got hurt because he was a bad choice, maybe it couldnt have been helped and it was just bad luck, but chances are his age played a big factor. Dont they say that men have the emotional maturity of a man 2/3 years younger than them? So if this guy was 17, I suppose he was emotionally only 15.

But dont let that experience ruin your future, just learn from it, dont ignore the warning signs and move on!

ReputationRep:
    meet a better man and open yourself up gradually

ReputationRep:
    Lol at girls who blame their disfunctional judgement of character on an entire gender.

ReputationRep:
    When you say you have had a bad relationship, what do you mean? Do you mean that this person deliberately hurt you, or that they finished with you and it broke your heart?
    If your ex deliberately hurt you, then I realise that it's rough, but you've got to realise that not every guy is like that and that everyone gets hurt at least once (most people get hurt several times). At least you've established now (if you hadn't before) the behaviour you will and won't accept and you'll be more able to spot the signs of unacceptable behaviour. When you're dating someone new it can be very easy to open up to them very early on, so avoid doing that. I'm not telling you to be on your guard all the time, but you know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Monkey)
    Realise you were stupid and went for a ****?
    Evil monkey,
    Evil money,
    Telling the truth,
    evil money!

Not riding,
    On a pig,
    Just posting on a forum,
    Telling it as it is.

Evil monkey,
    Evil monkey,
    Calling you an emo,
    Evil monkey!

Evil monkey,
    Evil monkey,
    Not riding on a pig,
    Evil monkey.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, you need to move on and wait for the right one. (I need to follow my own advice). Although, you can't help but think it's usually the one's who say they won't hurt you, that end up hurting you the most - life's a ***** like that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.