Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityTrader)
    Hi all,

on there website, they say for the course IFRM AAA (including maths................ would an AS maths grade still be acceptable?, or if I haven't continued maths at A2 would it be an automatic No
    I feel that I could produce a very good personal statement ect.. and that I would be a strong candidate. however without having maths at A2, I am curious to know if that means that being accepted is an outright no! or do they make exceptions?
    BTW my A - levels are Economics, Maths, Geography, history and Biology.

any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

CityTrader
    If you look on the website it says:

Entry requirements

A-level: AAA maths preferred
    It is preferred not essential.

Cass gave me, an offer with AAB predictions on a AAA course (A&F), so I do not see any harm in you applying. I then recently asked them if I could switch to IFRM and they did quickly without any problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iInvestmentBanker)
    If you look on the website it says:

It is preferred not essential.

Cass gave me, an offer with AAB predictions on a AAA course (A&F), so I do not see any harm in you applying. I then recently asked them if I could switch to IFRM and they did quickly without any problems.
    ah brilliant! thanks for your reply.

ReputationRep:
    I Have a conditional offer for the IFRM course at cass for 2011. I don't study maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yinkx92)
    I Have a conditional offer for the IFRM course at cass for 2011. I don't study maths
    Oh rite, that is promising, what as levels did you do aswell?

ReputationRep:
    Oh rite, that is promising, what as levels did you do aswell?
    I study Biology, Chemistry and Sociology at A2 and studied Religious Studies at AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yinkx92)
    I study Biology, Chemistry and Sociology at A2 and studied Religious Studies at AS.
    Cheers for they reply, do you reckon Economics, history, geography and biology would Ok?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for they reply, do you reckon Economics, history, geography and biology would Ok?
    Yes your subjects are fine as long as you can get A's in all of them.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to do a Maths heavy course (I presume there's quite a lot of Maths in IFRM) and you want to go into IB, surely taking Maths to A2 level is the sensible option regardless of entry requirements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    If you're going to do a Maths heavy course (I presume there's quite a lot of Maths in IFRM) and you want to go into IB, surely taking Maths to A2 level is the sensible option regardless of entry requirements?
    I don't think I will be able to maths at A2 but this course at CASS do a maths crash course before it starts or those who didn't do it at a level so that would be substantial enough.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I will be able to maths at A2 but this course at CASS do a maths crash course before it starts or those who didn't do it at a level so that would be substantial enough.
    Sounds like a good option because you won't really need trigonometry etc, which is covered in A2. Better for you to allow them to teach the maths you'll need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Sounds like a good option because you won't really need trigonometry etc, which is covered in A2. Better for you to allow them to teach the maths you'll need
    Good point, still wish I did bloody maths tho

ReputationRep:
    Guys if i get A "B" in iGCSE Mathematics . would C.A.S.S Give me an offer . :O

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.