Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hiya folks, have a little hassle with using bright-house for getting myself a laptop.

The story is this, my bloody PC died on me, and I knew I would need something so I had a look in brighthouse and decided on a decent laptop, and that's when the hassle started.

First, as a new person, you are restricted to only £7.50 per week payments, but this has to include the "optional service cover" which takes all the laptops they have to over this £7.50 payment...
    So now I have no choice but to go for a reconditioned laptop, oh dear, they don't have any in stock, but they will look around and get back to me...

After 3 weeks I get a call and go in, only to find out they found one and I had to start paying then before it was on its way to me, so on a Saturday (19th March) I go in, expecting to get my hands on this damned laptop, but nada, was told the item will be in transit on Monday to be delivered by Wednesday...

Item was never put in transit on that Monday and now 3 weeks after I first went in, I am still no closer to receiving this damned laptop.

I am seriously considering just calling them up and cancelling the whole damned thing, as I really do not appreciate having my time wasted with deceit and unprofessional staff.

Add in the issues of the payments as well, £2.50 is added per payment for a weekly payment store, so that's an easy £10 per 4 week period if you pay once a week!! If I had known that at the beginning I would not have went near the damned shop!!!

So here we go, anyone else out there had any issues with Bright-house, good or bad, lets discuss!!!

Also, any decent places out there to get myself a decent laptop for use in college. Suggestions please.

Thanks to all that respond, and yes, even the sarcastic ones will get a cuddle fae me.

What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.