The Student Room Group

Last ditch attempt, or just give up

Anonymous or delete please.

Hello! I've known this lovely girl since the start of university now, but it was only in Feb after a sudden insight into my life that I decided that I really liked her and tried to pursue her.

Now, my closer friends think its really obvious that I've indicated my interest, and that since she hasn't reciprocated, I should just give up.

However, I originally told her I would get her some food from her home country with my own initiative (we're both international students) since she was feeling kind of homesick. Should I meet up with her to pass her the food and tell her I like her?

Some background: I used to dress really frumpily (my closest friends rated my dress sense a 2/10, same kind of outfit everday, but fresh clothing!) but lately I've been dressing way better after my sudden insight into my life (friends now rate me a 8/10 or 9 /10); my initial impression on the girl would have been close to zero. My closest friends think I'm better looking than average, however...
Reply 1
Instead of indicating your interest, why don't you tell her outright and see what she says?
Reply 2
Tell her... you'll be in no different position than you are now!
Reply 3
If she hasn't reacted to your 'advances' it surely means she hasn't noticed.

I don't think you've made it obvious enough that you want a relationship with her. You're running very close to 'friend zone' territory by the sounds of things.

Take her out somewhere as friends on a 'date' sort of thing. You will need to let her know, unfortunately, that you like her. Apparently, it isn't her responsibility to initiate anything, so get in there. Now.

EDIT: Don't make any rash moves, because you risk putting her off and even losing her as a friend (ie. no poorly thought out last ditch attempts!) and also don't give up! Keep trying until she tells you she isn't interested.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Blutarsky
If she hasn't reacted to your 'advances' it surely means she hasn't noticed.

I don't think you've made it obvious enough that you want a relationship with her. You're running very close to 'friend zone' territory by the sounds of things.

Take her out somewhere as friends on a 'date' sort of thing. You will need to let her know, unfortunately, that you like her. Apparently, it isn't her responsibility to initiate anything, so get in there. Now.

EDIT: Don't make any rash moves, because you risk putting her off and even losing her as a friend (ie. no poorly thought out last ditch attempts!) and also don't give up! Keep trying until she tells you she isn't interested.

When I said last ditch attempt I meant meeting her for tea or something to give her the food, and also telling her I like her... Lol I'm not rash or anything. =/
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
When I said last ditch attempt I meant meeting her for tea or something to give her the food, and also telling her I like her... Lol I'm not rash or anything. =/

Whatever you do, make a decision and do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending