Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello I want to go to a dubstep party, only thing is its in the next town at finishes at 2-3 so theres no way i would be allowed out this late and my parents would not drive all that way (30 mins) to collect me. I am 17. THey would say no. anyway i was gonna tell a white lie and say im sleeping at a mates, they are more likely to say yes then. do you think think im bad lying?

ReputationRep:
    You could just leave earlier and be honest?

ReputationRep:
    It could all go horribly wrong, but if you think it's worth the risk then sure, I wouldn't because I would be too busy worrying to enjoy the night

ReputationRep:
    I thought all kids did this? It's one of the oldest tricks in the book!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, do it. It's not like god will punish you, and your parents are unlikely to find out. Lying is sometimes winning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    It could all go horribly wrong, but if you think it's worth the risk then sure, I wouldn't because I would be too busy worrying to enjoy the night
    worrying about what? i'l come back in the morning as normal as if i have just been to a sleepover

ReputationRep:
    The fact you needed to ask might suggest no.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I would just tell them and if they don't like it go anyway, or at least this is what I did from the age of 13/14 or so.

To save yourself grief just lie.

ReputationRep:
    Just go, deal with the consequences later. What they gonna do, kill you?

ReputationRep:
    iv done that a million times. go for it

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you don't accidentally slip up! Like I went to a gig once and got found out because I spent the whole day after singing the music.. and my Mum was like "there's no way you didn't go to that gig last night.." but if you can be sure, and it is safe, then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    "mum, dad, I'm going to this place at this time, I'm getting a taxi back and I'll text you so you know I'm ok" ought to do it

ReputationRep:
    I used to lie to my parents like this, i always figure, it's a good lie to tell, because everyones happy...you could always actually stay at a mates and then you wouldn't be lying

ReputationRep:
    Well where will you stay for the night? I mean it finishes at 3am right? And people don't normally return from stay-overs at that time, so won't you have to stay at someones house anyway? So technically, no lies told...

ReputationRep:
    lying is always wrong unless you're doing it to save someone or yourself
    it's not about the technicalities either - if you mislead your parents or know that you've led them to believe something which isn't true, you're lying

it just depends on how willing you are to lie to your parents really, I used to do it all the time but now I try not to and feel really guilty when I do

ReputationRep:
    "Dubstep party" this almost as lame as the Australian "Dance party"

Yea I watch neighbours :colondollar:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarlaz)
    worrying about what? i'l come back in the morning as normal as if i have just been to a sleepover
    Do it then, but surely there is a chance your parents will find out?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say get a taxi but 30 minutes away is alot! How exactly are you going to get home?

By all means go for the lie but your parents will find out. :colonhash:

ReputationRep:
    you're 17 and you're not allowed out til 2/3? what has the world come to?!

ReputationRep:
    Do it.

So many times I've had to do this sort of thing because of over-protective parents. Just be sensible, and don't slip up. Everyone is happy.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.