Hips Watch

hellobonjour
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I thought this may be the best place, but feel free to move it.

I'm pretty happy with my body in that it's the best it could be i.e. I'm a good weight for my height etc, but I have one issue and that's my hips. However much I exercise I can't seem to do anything about them (I'm referring to love-handles as such). I didn't think it was really a question of losing weight as I don't really think I should lose any.

All in all, I was wondering if anyone new any exercises that cater for toning hips as the ones I have tried don't seem to work.

Thank you!
Liverpool's Number 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The twist? Seriously I've never heard of any such exercise but good luck with it if that's what you want.

I wouldn't be too worried about it though.
hellobonjour
Rep:
?
bumpy bump
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You'd be better doing something to tone up rather than to lose weight.. for example a bit of weight training. That way, you should burn calories (therefore lose some fat) but build muscle at the same time so you don't lose weight.

Unfortunately, everyone has "problem areas" and often we just have to learn to love ourselves!
dipless
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemma :)!)
You'd be better doing something to tone up rather than to lose weight.. for example a bit of weight training. That way, you should burn calories (therefore lose some fat) but build muscle at the same time so you don't lose weight.

Unfortunately, everyone has "problem areas" and often we just have to learn to love ourselves!
Yeah my problem area's are from head to toe cest la vie!

Anyway try some Twist Crunches

1. Lie on your back with your knees bent.

2. Carefully lift your head up and place your hands behind your head without locking your fingers together.

3. Twist to the right bringing your left elbow to your right knee. Extend your left leg out.

4. Now twist back to the left bringing your right elbow to your left knee. Extend your right leg out.

Do 10-20 of these depending upon ability recover and repeat. Star with 3 reps but increase, this will only tone the underlaying muscle.

If there is a layer of fat, as there is on 99% of people then you will need to do CV work to try and remove that!
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dipless)
Yeah my problem area's are from head to toe cest la vie!
Haha, you and me both!
dipless
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemma :)!)
Haha, you and me both!
Glad im not the only one!
dinglemeister
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hellobonjour)
I thought this may be the best place, but feel free to move it.

I'm pretty happy with my body in that it's the best it could be i.e. I'm a good weight for my height etc, but I have one issue and that's my hips. However much I exercise I can't seem to do anything about them (I'm referring to love-handles as such). I didn't think it was really a question of losing weight as I don't really think I should lose any.

All in all, I was wondering if anyone new any exercises that cater for toning hips as the ones I have tried don't seem to work.

Thank you!
Hi :-) You say that you're pretty happy with your body and you have a good height/weight ratio, so I honestly wouldn't be worrying too much about your 'lovehandles'! I'm a fella and although I have been eating well and doing stacks of exercise for 6 months, I have the same problem so can sympathise ;-)

Like a couple of other people have said, the best thing to do is to concentrate on fat-burning CV exercise and a bit of general core toning stuff (sit up twists and the dreaded 'plank' ;-) and free weights etc) - it's very difficult to target an area specifically.

Its worth bearing in mind that you don't need to aim for the ridiculously and unhealthily skinny image of the female body that is portrayed on tv and in magazines; the vast majority of fellas (myself included!) would walk right past a painfully thin girl without a second glance, but would definitely look twice at a nice, curvy, well proportioned girl... well maybe more than twice!
SpunkyVanDros
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dipless)
Yeah my problem area's are from head to toe cest la vie! !
Moi too
hellobonjour
Rep:
?
(Original post by dinglemeister)
Hi :-) You say that you're pretty happy with your body and you have a good height/weight ratio, so I honestly wouldn't be worrying too much about your 'lovehandles'! I'm a fella and although I have been eating well and doing stacks of exercise for 6 months, I have the same problem so can sympathise ;-)

Like a couple of other people have said, the best thing to do is to concentrate on fat-burning CV exercise and a bit of general core toning stuff (sit up twists and the dreaded 'plank' ;-) and free weights etc) - it's very difficult to target an area specifically.

Its worth bearing in mind that you don't need to aim for the ridiculously and unhealthily skinny image of the female body that is portrayed on tv and in magazines; the vast majority of fellas (myself included!) would walk right past a painfully thin girl without a second glance, but would definitely look twice at a nice, curvy, well proportioned girl... well maybe more than twice!
Thank you for this It's really helpful. XX
AmericanPsycho
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do oblique crunches

Eat less simple carbs

Drink more water

NEXT
itsamemario666
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone else want to add the words "don't lie" to the end of the thread title?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (113)
94.96%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (6)
5.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed