Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm going to be moving from Lithuania to Scotland this fall to study finance and was wondering is it possible to apply for and receive a national insurance number from outside of Scotland?
    I've heard that it can take up to a month to receive one, and I'd rather not wait so long, since I'll be wanting to find a part-time job immediately while there are still some available during summer.

    When you arrive in Scotland you will need to contact your local Social Security Agency. They will give you a temporary number while your application is processed.

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.