The Student Room Group

Prediction Grades?

I've been told that the grade you gain this summer is the one you are applying to University with

Is it a trick to make us work harder or is it true?
I think it is, they make you put down your AS starting next ucas cycle yes? so it's important to do well this year in your AS rather than do a lot of resits.
Reply 2
From now on all your results will be available to the uni's you're applying to, including AS results.
Reply 3
What you get in your ASs does heavily impact your predicted grades. This said, I mucked up my ASs a bit (not loads, but from As to Bs). As I was a hard-working student and the teachers liked me, the school let me keep my original predicted grades but it depends. I did do really well at A2 (with the help of a couple of resits) but the fact that I'd exceded my predicted grades then didn't do much for my uni application.

I'd work hard if I were you.
Reply 4
Do predicted grades still stand despite putting down your AS grades?
Original post by Skaterkid
I've been told that the grade you gain this summer is the one you are applying to University with

Is it a trick to make us work harder or is it true?

Your AS grades aren't necessarily your predicted grades. Teachers will usually predict you a grade higher than what you achieved at AS, or the same grade. I got ABBB for AS but am predicted AAB/AAA :smile: make sure you work really hard at AS and don't just assume your teachers will predict you good grades; it's better to have good AS grades because they're a real indication of how well you'll do at A2.
Reply 6
Yes it is: as long as your AS results are certificated (which most colleges choose to do), then you have to put your results down on UCAS. Universities will look at these grades, alongside your predicted grades, when deciding whether or not to make you an offer.

Predicted grades aren't necessarily the same as your AS grades, but teachers will look at how you did at AS when deciding them. Equally, if a university sees there is a large difference between AS grades and predicted (without a good reason), then they might not take your predicted grades as being likely to be accurate.

So yeah, try to do the best you can this summer, it isn't exactly going to harm your application if you do well, afterall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending