Turn on thread page Beta

Student Loan Application Mistake? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, didn't want my first post here to be me begging for help but hey ho...

I've started the student loan application process on the directgov website, had filled everything in fine thus far...until I got to the bit where it first asks about 'household income'.
    I moved the slider to what my mum and dad earn together, then saved and continued and the next question was about whether or not my employers would release me for the year of study. I assumed HOUSEHOLD income would mean what my parents earned, as I don't have a job.
    According to my dad, I've screwed it all up now and I was just wondering if he's right? If so, is there any way I can delete my loan application and start again? I know you're supposed to be able to go back and edit, but it just keeps taking me back to the question after the bit I apparently "got wrong".

If anybody could give me some advice, I'd be really grateful. I'm hopeless at these kind of forms(!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure that it's just a question they ask as well as the household income - you've done it correctly, just say no to the employer thing because you're not being released. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how I filled mine in and I got my money :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Household income is just that - the total income of everyone who lives in the house, so you have done it right. I, and everyone I know who is applying this year did exactly the same.
    Enjoy telling your Dad he is wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I love it when my dad's wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Ring them and explain it to them. If you do need to make any changes as I did, you just have to send it to them in writing.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, knowing my ineptitude when it comes to forms I'll probably need to at some point in the future

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have a similar problem. Just who do I call?

ReputationRep:
    Household income is what your mum and dad earn.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.