Turn on thread page Beta

Why didn't me and my sister get into Notre Dame 6th form college? watch

ReputationRep:
    My sister has only just recieved a letter saying that she didn't get in. She has 100% attendance, really good grades and never gets into trouble. Questions like that were asked during the interview. The year before I tried to get into Notre Dame but again I failed. Can anyone think of reasons why both of us did not get in? Many people who frequently get into trouble and are generally pricks got in.

ReputationRep:
    Did you have an interview? Maybe you didn't make the best or much of a long-lasting impression? Perhaps you didn't have enough extra curricular activities?

There could be a whole host of reasons.

ReputationRep:
    We did have an interview. We don't do much extra curicular activities but why should that affect your chances of getting into a 6th form college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDanny)
    We did have an interview. We don't do much extra curicular activities but why should that affect your chances of getting into a 6th form college?
    All you have to do is look at their website and there's an 'extracurricular' tab. I'd say it was a pretty big part of the college. Plus their pictures show lots of activities which aren't necessarily curriculum based.

ReputationRep:
    It may be because it shows you are a varied person and not just an academic one. It shows you have hobbys outside of school, and can balance social life and academic life simultaneously.

ReputationRep:
    Unlike universities, 6th form colleges like to see that you do extra curricular activities. I was asked about mine in all my 6th form interviews. The college will want someone who wants to get involved in college life by joining clubs.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Unlike universities, 6th form colleges like to see that you do extra curricular activities. I was asked about mine in all my 6th form interviews. The college will want someone who wants to get involved in college life by joining clubs.
    Not all 6th Form's are like that. We do have a bit of extra-curricular, but we're not pressured into joining. And and for interviews, we didn't even have one!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.