Turn on thread page Beta

Confused..Kidney/Bladder Inflammation? Pregnancy? Thrush? watch

Hi!

i guess i'm looking for advice more than anything in terms of where to go and how to check things.

Last year i was having sex with my bf (still together) and after having sex with him (not my first partner), i started having a lot of discharge, and it did smell at times..well anyway, i still get discharge, more than i've had before and i now wear pantyliners as a result..thought it might be an STD/STI, but he's always withdrawn before cumming..

so then i thought it was Thrush? coz sometimes my discharge would be quite clumpy, and i've watched Embarrassing Bodies, and that seems to be the diagnosis for someone with that sort of discharge..

ok, and now, over the past month, i've noticed that my stomach is a bit tight/hard, and bigger..thought it's perhaps due to me eating lots? but that's the only part that is getting bigger in size..i have athritis so exercising is very difficult for me, and i have changed my diet now to be more healthy..well..kinda..anyway..so i thought i could be pregnant..however, i have never missed my period since being with my bf, and i haven't gotten bigger boobs or get sick..so is it possible to get pregnant with just pre-ejaculation and whilst having your period..obviously if you're menstruating, doin a pregnancy test won't help since the hormones aren't really effective as it's still allowing you to menstruate..so is there like a free scan or something i can do?

BUT, something i have noticed, is that i need to pee like ALL the time! i don't really drink much fluids, drink the same as i have done, but i find i need to pee all the time..even after peeing, i need to pee...which makes me think i could be pregnant OR i have kidney/bladder inflammation?

advice on where to go..to get free services as i don't work due to my disability?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi!

i guess i'm looking for advice more than anything in terms of where to go and how to check things.

Last year i was having sex with my bf (still together) and after having sex with him (not my first partner), i started having a lot of discharge, and it did smell at times..well anyway, i still get discharge, more than i've had before and i now wear pantyliners as a result..thought it might be an STD/STI, but he's always withdrawn before cumming..

so then i thought it was Thrush? coz sometimes my discharge would be quite clumpy, and i've watched Embarrassing Bodies, and that seems to be the diagnosis for someone with that sort of discharge..

ok, and now, over the past month, i've noticed that my stomach is a bit tight/hard, and bigger..thought it's perhaps due to me eating lots? but that's the only part that is getting bigger in size..i have athritis so exercising is very difficult for me, and i have changed my diet now to be more healthy..well..kinda..anyway..so i thought i could be pregnant..however, i have never missed my period since being with my bf, and i haven't gotten bigger boobs or get sick..so is it possible to get pregnant with just pre-ejaculation and whilst having your period..obviously if you're menstruating, doin a pregnancy test won't help since the hormones aren't really effective as it's still allowing you to menstruate..so is there like a free scan or something i can do?

BUT, something i have noticed, is that i need to pee like ALL the time! i don't really drink much fluids, drink the same as i have done, but i find i need to pee all the time..even after peeing, i need to pee...which makes me think i could be pregnant OR i have kidney/bladder inflammation?

advice on where to go..to get free services as i don't work due to my disability?
    You're not pregnant for starters. The hormones released during pregnancy prevent you from having a period and it's usually the first sign.

My advice, however, would be to phone up a sexual health helpline (unless they've all been closed down). Either that or visit a sexual health clinic instead of leaving this rather gross-sounding discharge [the way you describe it] carry on. Write a list of all your perceived symptoms and go ask someone qualified about it.

There's nothing more I can say but good luck.

(Original post by GeorgeLegg)
    You're not pregnant for starters. The hormones released during pregnancy prevent you from having a period and it's usually the first sign.

My advice, however, would be to phone up a sexual health helpline (unless they've all been closed down). Either that or visit a sexual health clinic instead of leaving this rather gross-sounding discharge [the way you describe it] carry on. Write a list of all your perceived symptoms and go ask someone qualified about it.

There's nothing more I can say but good luck.
    thank you so much for your advice..really appreciate it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.