Turn on thread page Beta

When would you break up with someone you loved? watch

Only if that person cheated? More than once...? What would you class as cheating - kissing? Could you get over make outs but not sex? What if it was a drunken peck on the lips?

If your partner continually disrespected you - what do you mean by disrespect - what sort of examples could you mean? How many instances would you need...?

What if your partner disrespected you but it was innocent to him/her - like your boyfriend slapping a guy on the butt, or your girlfriend sitting on another guy's lap for a photo. Or sleeping in the same bed as a guyfriend or whipping his penis out at a party.

What if your partner's friends were horrible to you...what if you thought they were bad influences like they were all multiple time cheaters or something...

How much would it take to break you?

ReputationRep:
    When i was young and naive with my first boyfriend i held as long as i could without going insane but now i've learnt, and stick up for myself more, so it might still take quite a bit (depending on much i liked the guy) but not as much as it once would have

ReputationRep:
    If they cheated on me - anything more than kissing, and maybe even kissing dependant on the circumstances.

If they were psychically or mentally abusive, if they treated me with disrespect e.g. as inferior to them., if they stopped me from being happy or doing what I wanted (in reason), were overly possessive or tried to stop me spending time with my friends/family.

No to the "innocent to them" bit, thats fair enough.

If I didn't get on with his friends, I would spend time with them. It shouldn't interfere with your relationship.

i broke up with someone i loved just cause i'm too young for something serious. and i was insecure.

ReputationRep:
    When the bad aspects of the relationship outweigh the good.

ReputationRep:
    If the person disrespected Harry Potter.

ReputationRep:
    Wasted kiss I could forgive but sex, I don't know. I'd have to try and understand why they did it.

ReputationRep:
    it got too serious, too quickly. and I wasn't fully sure where my heart was. It's still been 8 months and I wonder if I made the right decision to break up with her

ReputationRep:
    If they didn't love me for who I am but only loved me for my body which I don't like and if they treated me badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedy03)
    If the person disrespected Harry Potter.
    Oh, hello.

ReputationRep:
    When they drain you of all energy until you are an emotion-less shell of a human being.

Just sayin'

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't forgive cheating. They tend to just do it again.

Also to answer the OP, i'd end if both people were unhappy and it was going nowhere, or one person was seriously unhappy, but if it was something that could be worked on, i'd work on it and give it another try, but only if it can be genuinely resolved, like small arguments, not like taking cocaine and hitting each other backstage with baseball bats on the Jeremy Kyle show.

ReputationRep:
    If he slept with someone close to me (eg.sister, best friend) or if he got another girl pregnant. And if he ever hit me, I'd leave him instantly, coz once he's done it, he can surely do it again right?

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe that "once a cheat, always a cheat" - but if I found out it happened for a second time, then that's just stupid on his part and I'd most likely be out of there. Also, sex would be too far, although I could get over a kiss.

I think guys that don't respect their girlfriends seriously need to get their priorities sorted.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I have intrinsic incompatibilities that are surfacing after about 7 or 8 months of us being together. I love him dearly, but we have different belief systems, different priorities in life, polar-opposite mind frameworks, incompatible communication styles and there's a huge difference in our sex drives. Whilst we are brilliant together on the surface, for example we have a lot in common, find each other fun to be around etc, the former list of incompatibilities is leaving me: frustrated, unable to speak my mind without fear of being misunderstood, insecure and unfulfilled in companionship.

These are the reasons I am breaking up with him tonight. (If he'll answer my calls.)

ReputationRep:
    I would never break up with someone I love because if I'm ready to break up with them it would mean the love is gone.

ReputationRep:
    If she banged toomany guys or the wrong guy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.