Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With this lush weather around us, don't forget the very basics! Water, Oil and tyre levels.

I check my oil and water twice a week, more when it gets warmer. The last thing you want is an overheated engine!

Grease your nipples too, if you see a nipple on your car, grease it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Landie_Man)
    Grease your nipples too
    This will not end well.

ReputationRep:
    haha that was kind of in my mind! But it is important to do it!

ReputationRep:
    C'mon its sunny and mild but not quite that warm for your engine to overheat dude, I'm waiting for the real summer sun! thanks for the advice though, with the financial help of my brother I should have a motor up and running at the end of this month or beginning of next, so i'll bear that in mind

ReputationRep:
    still, people forget. If your low on oil your engine will overheat, same with coolant,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Landie_Man)
    Grease your nipples too, if you see a nipple on your car, grease it!
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    In same way don't overfill your oil, Someone in halls in my 1st year did this then came to me asking why the car got a few miles down the road and stopped, they had filled the oil up until it was level with the fill cap....

ReputationRep:
    LOL! tbh mine would just burn it all off

ReputationRep:
    Good tips in general: [drink] water and [use suntan] oil :]

ReputationRep:
    I actually had a prop shaft break last year!

ReputationRep:
    I check my tyre pressures and oil level all the time but only after reading this realised i've never chcked my water level since i owned the bike...

I assume there is some in there otherwise it would have overheated by now...

Motorcyclists also have to check their chain is oiled and the correct tension as well...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.