Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a temporary/portable keyless door lock for when I go traveling for the hotel room doors. The only two on the internet I could find are here and here but they just seem a little flimsy and cheap.

Anyone had any experience with any of them? Or know of any others that are better?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi TeenageDream,

I've been looking at these for a friend who's going back packing soon. From what I've read I would say that the 1st one you have looked at is the better choice, although it is more expensive it isn't flimsy as it's made of metal. Also there are several reviews for this one but there are none for the Howsar lock. I will definitely buy this for my friend and also I'll probably get one for myself too.

Good luck and good travelling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saffrongal)
    Hi TeenageDream,

I've been looking at these for a friend who's going back packing soon. From what I've read I would say that the 1st one you have looked at is the better choice, although it is more expensive it isn't flimsy as it's made of metal. Also there are several reviews for this one but there are none for the Howsar lock. I will definitely buy this for my friend and also I'll probably get one for myself too.

Yeah this is the one I bought. I accidentally ordered 2 though. First, bought one from Amazon, but 7 days later the seller still didn't dispatch it, so I sent him an e-mail asking for him to cancel the order. Then I went to another seller on Amazon and they dispatched it straight away. But then the first seller dispatched his, so I have 2 coming to me in the post. I read some reviews about the Howsar lock, but a few were negative, saying it was flimsy because it was made of plastic so it put me off. There's a few reviews kicking around of the first lock (the one I'm getting) and they all seem pretty good.

If you're still active on this forum, I noticed this was your first post, I'll let you know how it is. It/they should be coming in the post today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saffrongal)
    Hi TeenageDream,

the cheapest place to get it is www.portablelock.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Why not install all three.... lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Why not install all three.... lol
    lol could do, but the one here is pretty good www.portablelock.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Hi to all,

My friend is still travelling and I think he may have bought another lock whilst away.
    He won't be returning until September but I will post then to let you know how he got on with the locks.

ReputationRep:
    Ive found portalock a really good product - thanked after i tried 2 alternatives beforehand

DM and ill give you the web address as my posts seem to get deleted if i put it in this reply

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.