Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys and gals, just wanted to know if anyone had some plates at 10 or 20 KG for sale. alternitivley do you know where to get these things cheap? ive tried plenty of private ads and crnt get on ebay on works computer (gay). Anyway if you've got something to get rid of I will collect if your not to far away, just PM me.

Cheers

mate this is TSR

if I wanted weight plates this would be the last place id look lol

ReputationRep:
    This pretty much was the last place, even ebay isnt cheaper then the best online deals. Best I found was a site fitness-supplies.co.uk (best online value £/KG) or argos vinal plates but they only do 10 KG. 20KG for £24.99. online the best was something like 50KG (2x25KG) for £75 i think. Has any1 found any better?

What does a typical gym membership work out at per month? thats not in a college or uni? Doubt any1 here knows lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnockoffNeil)
    What does a typical gym membership work out at per month? thats not in a college or uni? Doubt any1 here knows lol.
    We've had a few polls about that recently and i think most people were paying between £20 and £30 a month... Try searchign for them...

But a fair chunk of the uni guys were paying between £10 and 15 like me... Your college/uni not have a gym then?

ReputationRep:
    But a fair chunk of the uni guys were paying between £10 and 15 like me... Your college/uni not have a gym then?[/QUOTE]

Only go to college once a week plus have full time job of 50 hours and have home commitments (newborn+mrs ) so travelling 24 round miles 3 times a week is daft when I have a rack and bench in garage. Just need more weights as the most I can fit on the bar only totals 41KG lol. should get me started. Doing SS like you so hopefully I will get 2x20KG plates off that website as the cost totals 2 month gym membership (gains will prob be slower when I hit around 80KG anyway). Then i'll prob sell my xbox which i never touch anymore and buy more as and when I need them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.