Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't think things can get any worse. watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been having a really awful week.

Firstly I went to visit my friend (TSR angst thread I made here) and I've lost what I considered to be a good friend there.

I went to the doctors yesterday and was told I have high blood pressure (138/90), which on top of my type 1 diabetes is fantastic.

Today I got laid off from work.

Usually at times like this I think to myself something like "at least it's not cancer!" but I feel completely awful and worthless regardless.

I've just printed off 7 job applications to hand out, but yeah.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Things can always get worse.

Just get very drunk, get it out of your system, and then move on.

Not much more you can do.

ReputationRep:
    The only way now is UP! Your blood pressure will be monitored and controlled, you will find a new job, and you never know it could be better than the one you had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    The only way now is UP! Your blood pressure will be monitored and controlled, you will find a new job, and you never know it could be better than the one you had
    To be fair, I was being paid minimum wage (4.92) and getting about 10 horus a week... I was going to look for a new job anyway!

I'm just upset because now that I have to go back on the dole, I'll be out of pocket leading up to my driving test... I have to pay 40 a week as rent and then 20 for a lesson

ReputationRep:

Sorry, just reminded me of that.

ReputationRep:
    My mum always told me that bad things happen in 3's. You've had your 3 so hopefully things will start looking up from now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Things can always get worse.

Just get very drunk, get it out of your system, and then move on.

Not much more you can do.
    This is how I force myself to think to remain positive or atleast not negative. But still, sucks to be you OP

ReputationRep:
    Why did work lay you of if you don't mind me asking?

anyway as others have mentioned, you will have your blood pressure under control, and you should find a new job soon. and as for the TSR moderators, don't let it get to you. they do it because they are bored and have nothing worthwhile to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    To be fair, I was being paid minimum wage (4.92) and getting about 10 horus a week... I was going to look for a new job anyway!

I'm just upset because now that I have to go back on the dole, I'll be out of pocket leading up to my driving test... I have to pay 40 a week as rent and then 20 for a lesson
    How will u be out of pocket? Dole is over 50 a week, numpty (unless you have to wait for it) Anyway you hardly lost a 'job' for crying out loud. Get over yourself OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by righteous)

Sorry, just reminded me of that.

Lol! no reps left so I'll pos rep you in words instead. lol, i remember that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark!91)
    Why did work lay you of if you don't mind me asking?

anyway as others have mentioned, you will have your blood pressure under control, and you should find a new job soon. and as for the TSR moderators, don't let it get to you. they do it because they are bored and have nothing worthwhile to do
    It's a small business and I think they lost a lot of income from cigarettes when the budget raised the tax...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark!91)
    Lol! no reps left so I'll pos rep you in words instead. lol, i remember that one
    That monkey gets me every time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    How will u be out of pocket? Dole is over 50 a week, numpty (unless you have to wait for it) Anyway you hardly lost a 'job' for crying out loud. Get over yourself OP
    I need to take driving lessons up until my test, which has been paid for, to ensure I don't fail? >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    I need to take driving lessons up until my test, which has been paid for, to ensure I don't fail? >_>
    You said you would be out of pocket, retard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamps08)
    you said you would be out of pocket, retard!
    50-(40+20)= -10

ReputationRep:
    :console: I'm sure everything will turn around and work out in time, and soon you'll be on top of the world
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kevin6767)
    Considering alcohol is loaded with sugar is advising a diabetic to get drunk sensible?
    Getting drunk is never sensible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.