someone I enjoy spending time with
    someone I feel some attraction towards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    -Not neurotic.
    Speak for yourself mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billydodger)
    Yeah but the general idea of this thread was for ALL the girls to post their preferences like I did and then a better idea can be gained.

Obviously the people of tsr are too stupid to realise this and come back with comments like yours.
    hahaha pathetic

ReputationRep:
    No one's really bothered to list theirs so I'd like the guy to :
    -be taller than me
    -have similar political views as me
    -be older than me
    -be fairly nice
    But I think the most important thing is the 2nd one, as long as you're not a BNP supporter we're cool

ReputationRep:
    What do you girls think of boys with shave heads/skin head? Thinking of doing it to mine for the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nizzay!)
    What do you girls think of boys with shave heads/skin head? Thinking of doing it to mine for the summer.
    http://spartacus-blood-and-sand.maxu...rth-Miller.jpg

It looks hot if the guy is hot.

ReputationRep:
    Why isn't there the thread: "What guys want!" wait... that's right, we're just not as fussy. Learn to be the same and stop making pointless, opinionated threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsamemario666)
    Why isn't there the thread: "What guys want!" wait... that's right, we're just not as fussy. Learn to be the same and stop making pointless, opinionated threads.
    There is a thread entitled "What guys want!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slylion1)
    lol at this guy assuming he's dominant
    I'm assuming that by dominant she means willing to put his foot down and not just do whatever the girl wants him to do. Someone who wears the trousers in the relationship and providing that is what she meant then yeah I would say I was.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl (ignore username) and this is what I want from a boyfriend...

-same age or older than me (cannot be younger) I'm 53
    -goes to Uni/graduated (it's important to me I have a degree, it should be important to him) I graduated with a 1st in Advanced History of Potatoes
    -taller than me (I'm 5'2") I'm 8' 3"
    -Not ginger I'm bald
    -Not skinny (has to look like a man and not androgynous)I'm 190kg
    -Funny People laugh at me all the time
    -Doesn't smoke I do cocaine though
    -Dominant I have enforced sex upon certain individuals

Ok, now girls of TSR post your preferences and we'll see what crops up most often!
    Looks like I'm your perfect man!

ReputationRep:

-same age or older than me (cannot be younger)
    -goes to Uni/graduated (it's important to me I have a degree, it should be important to him)
    -taller than me (I'm 5'2")
    -Not ginger
    -Not skinny (has to look like a man and not androgynous)
    -Funny
    -Doesn't smoke
    -Dominant

Ok, now girls of TSR post your preferences and we'll see what crops up most often!
    Being picky like this is not going to get you a guy trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    Looks like I'm your perfect man!
    LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moaty...it's gazza)
    I'm assuming that by dominant she means willing to put his foot down and not just do whatever the girl wants him to do. Someone who wears the trousers in the relationship and providing that is what she meant then yeah I would say I was.
    fairplay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecat23)
    Being picky like this is not going to get you a guy trust me.
    Yeah but surely it's better to get a guy that you want as opposed to any guy? I'm sure these aren't dead set qualities- if you really like someone then you'll be willing to compromise on a few things. For example, I would PREFER a boyfriend to be taller than me, but if I really liked him then it wouldn't be a problem (although I'm dinky so I can't imagine that will ever be a problem). On the other hand, I can't see myself going out with a boy who does drugs and I wouldn't be happy about smoking either, since they're things that I'm just not happy about, and I wouldn't want to go out with someone and then try and change them.

ReputationRep:
    FFS, it annoys me when people have a mental checklist of their 'perfect' partner (even if your list isn't particularly restrictive). :facepalm2:

For all you know you could be missing out on someone better just because they don't live up to your juvenile expectations.

ReputationRep:

-goes to Uni/graduated (it's important to me I have a degree, it should be important to him)
    -taller than me (I'm 5'2")
    -Not ginger
    -Funny
    -Doesn't smoke
    -Dominant

It's perhaps as well that my dating criteria include 'not racist' and 'not an idiot', else I daresay I'd be crestfallen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    :rolleyes:

No, I'm saying don't complain when you don't meet a guys standards if you're so ready to make a list like that.

You might want a guy 5"8, and they might want a D-cup. Maybe they will suit all of your requirements but you're only a B-cup. Suddenly the guy is a shallow ******* according to half the girls on TSR. Bit hypocritical.

But it's not just that. You should just expect not to meet a guys standards if you have high ones, and vice versa. I find a lot of people who make lists like this and have high standards sit at about average, but want a Prince/Princess and it's just unrealistic.
    I have high standards, but I'm pretty confident in that I reach the standards of the guys I'm aiming for. I get so annoyed with girls who want it all one way. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Who gives a crap? This isn't a dating website.

ReputationRep:
    Asside from looks, I think most guys basically looks for girls who dont paste their 'type' all over internet forums...

ReputationRep:

-taller than me (I'm 5'2&quot
    -Not ginger
    -Funny
    -Doesn't smoke
    -Dominant

I agree with you but I'd take out the "Not ginger" and substitute with "Not Asian"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.