Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting quite anxious that our teachers haven't finshed the syllabus.

After easter I have 5 weeks before study leave.

We just finished the chemistry one on Thursday so after easter we'll be focusing on revision/ exam technique and do our last practical. But we pretty much self taught the end of module 2 and ran though module 3 so I'm not too confident.

Maths we have pretty much finished it but we have to do the binomial expansion so not too bad.

HOWEVER...

With physics we just started module 4. If anyone is on the OCR Physics A we still need to do Medical Imaging AND Modelling the universe. I really don't think that we'll have enough time to get through all of that and practice exam technique before study leave.

So I was wondering has anyone finished learning their syllabus yet?

I'm thinking that I should just self teach the rest of physics just incase miss can't.

ReputationRep:
    we havent finished our geography syllabus yet, and im supposed to be getting an a* D:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, aside from one of my english texts we've finished everything ... I'm not entirely sure of some things we've covered in maths though ... You have 5 weeks before study leave after Easter?! I'm sure we don't have nearly that much ... we finish on the 17 th I think

ReputationRep:
    C4 and M1 roughly finished, Biology + Chemistry are nowhere near.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm well in history I have to hand in my coursework on Thursday so that's one unit dealt with (this has been rushed tho, not happy) but our other unit we still have a whole chapter to cover.

In maths, we've just finished mechanics 2 so we'll be onto revision next week, but we still have 2 or 3 exercises to go in Core 4. Should finish this next week tho so I can start revising at Easter.

French, it's harder to say cos we don't really have a syllabus as such. I think we've covered all the topics we need vocab on. Harder to say cos it's not like other subjects where therer's like a checklist of stuff to tick off.

Overall, concerned about history and french but not about the maths cos my teachers are v organised.

I'm sorry to hear about your physics, that does seem quite a lot to do before the exams. Maybe reading through the topics before the lessons would help you to feel a little more comfortable and in control of the situation, and also looking over them again afterwards. Hope you get it sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyrawstorne)
    Yeah, aside from one of my english texts we've finished everything ... I'm not entirely sure of some things we've covered in maths though ... You have 5 weeks before study leave after Easter?! I'm sure we don't have nearly that much ... we finish on the 17 th I think
    The AS year get theirs around the 17th but the A2 year have ours on the 27th.

But because of the bank holidays we only have 2 math M2 lessons from all the mondays off.

ReputationRep:
    Biology AS is nearly finished, just need to do 2 more things
    Chemistry AS is nearly finished, need to do practicals/ written coursework, green chemistry
    Economicsn AS was finished 2 weeks ago and we're doing the whole thing again along with past papers
    Maths- nearly finished, just need to learn the trapezium rule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)
    The AS year get theirs around the 17th but the A2 year have ours on the 27th.

But because of the bank holidays we only have 2 math M2 lessons from all the mondays off.
    Oh right! I just you assumed you were in AS

ReputationRep:
    No only Photoelectricity to do for Physics, and a few smaller topics for Biology, but there's quite a lot of Chemistry we haven't covered. I think we've almost covered all the poetry (well, all my teacher plans on doing) for English, but nowhere near done for the play.

I've already started self-teaching, just in case we don't get through it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyrawstorne)
    Oh right! I just you assumed you were in AS
    Oh it's fine. No harm done.

ReputationRep:
    I believe we are close to finishing C4. Finished unit 5 chemistry but nothing went in, so i'll have to do it all over again on my own. Nowhere near in unit 5 physics, only just finished nuclear stuff and started on relativity for turning points module. Finished D1. Nowhere near finishing FP2 and only covered half of M1. So not looking too good FML

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting quite anxious that our teachers haven't finshed the syllabus.

After easter I have 5 weeks before study leave.

We just finished the chemistry one on Thursday so after easter we'll be focusing on revision/ exam technique and do our last practical. But we pretty much self taught the end of module 2 and ran though module 3 so I'm not too confident.

Maths we have pretty much finished it but we have to do the binomial expansion so not too bad.

HOWEVER...

With physics we just started module 4. If anyone is on the OCR Physics A we still need to do Medical Imaging AND Modelling the universe. I really don't think that we'll have enough time to get through all of that and practice exam technique before study leave.

So I was wondering has anyone finished learning their syllabus yet?

I'm thinking that I should just self teach the rest of physics just incase miss can't.
    Count yourself lucky that you 5 weeks left. We only have 2 weeks left after the Easter Holidays and my biology and chemistry teachers have to cover about 50 pages yet. :sad: I guess I have to self-teach the rest. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=CoffeeStinks;30770807] x [QUOTE]

Yup.
    A-Level:

Biology AQA, finished 2 weeks ago. Now we are just doing U4+U5 papers.
    We did the coursework agesss ago.

English OCR, finished Webster + Pope 5 months ago. Finished The Winter's Tale 2/3 weeks ago. I've done 1 mock for each.

Art. Well, we're on target for our exam, but lagging a bit.

Art Exam May 20-30. 15 HOURS WORTH OF EXAM. X.X
    First exam in mid June, Biology U4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose.)

Yup.
    A-Level:

Biology AQA, finished 2 weeks ago. Now we are just doing U4+U5 papers.
    We did the coursework agesss ago.

English OCR, finished Webster + Pope 5 months ago. Finished The Winter's Tale 2/3 weeks ago. I've done 1 mock for each.

Art. Well, we're on target for our exam, but lagging a bit.

Art Exam May 20-30. 15 HOURS WORTH OF EXAM. X.X
    First exam in mid June, Biology U4.
    That sounds great bar the Art. From looking at my timetable we are supposed to have a mock the first week back. I doubt it though since we have a third of the course still to learn.

I want to just focus on revising but I can't because I have to try and learn the stuff first.

ReputationRep:
    i feel really depressed at the thought that some people's exams finish within two weeks..

My last one is when all the exams end.. i have the very first and last exams X.X it is a really depressing thought.

However, i will have to work for it and catch up with anything i dont understand (y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Articaaa)
    i feel really depressed at the thought that some people's exams finish within two weeks..

My last one is when all the exams end.. i have the very first and last exams X.X it is a really depressing thought.

However, i will have to work for it and catch up with anything i dont understand (y)
    I know one girl who's exams span out over 8 days. I'd love that tbh. It's just a gamble on what subjects you choose whether they have a nice spread of dates. Because I'm re-sitting an AS exam mine lasts from the 18th of May to the 27th of June. FML!

ReputationRep:
    I know one girl who's exams span out over 8 days. I'd love that tbh. It's just a gamble on what subjects you choose whether they have a nice spread of dates. Because I'm re-sitting an AS exam mine lasts from the 18th of May to the 27th of June. FML!
    I suppose the bright side of it spanning so long, is that you can get in a lot of revision before each exam instead of cramming all the information in at once.

my exams start on the 16th man and ends the 28th june! FML!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Articaaa)
    I suppose the bright side of it spanning so long, is that you can get in a lot of revision before each exam instead of cramming all the information in at once.

my exams start on the 16th man and ends the 28th june! FML!
    True but it's just maintaining the stamina. I seem to get worn out by exams for some reason so I just need to prepaer now and keep up the momentum.

Ouch!

ReputationRep:
    True but it's just maintaining the stamina. I seem to get worn out by exams for some reason so I just need to prepaer now and keep up the momentum.

Ouch!
    I guess, the majority of my harder exams are in the first two weeks, and then it gets more relaxed so my mom is going to let me go out near the end of all the exams (y)

it will be painful but rewwarding at the end - 2 months of nothing!

ReputationRep:
    Geography is pretty much finished apart from a few odds and ends. Chemistry is almost finished, we just need to quickly do the 'green chemistry' unit, which I've read through and seems to be mostly common sense. Physics as far as I'm aware is finished, but the course is really unstructured, and I'm still quite shaky on a lot of it. However for maths, I'm screwed. We still have two chapters to do, differentiation and intergration, plus we didn't spend as much time as we should have done on trigonoemtric identities, so I desperateley have to get up to speed over these holidays - our maths teachers said she has left a week for revision

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.