This discussion is closed.
XXXNICEGUYXXX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
yo ok... i know plagiarism is serious **** and there are sites out there such as essaybank and coursework.info
i've used these sites in research and other stuff...
can examiners actually detect thsi **** if teachers don't?
not that i have copied... just that my friend has copied ****loads of courseworks...
i'm gonna be sitting my first exam in 3 weeks or so
A2 German... then i have my GCSE exams starting with Music on teh 19th
**** me! its hard

tell me this!
has anybody heard of anybody being busted for plagiarism by teh school OR by Edexcel...
i dont wanna get my results all marked X
hehe
tense moments
Robinb
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
as far as I know, noone has been. As long as the exameners don't get 100 copies of the same course work without being edited, then they cannot get to you.

In your case, just for research and such is fine. I have done it, and some cases it is required (IE the UKAB Coursework equation for Access)

One of my m8s are panicing as they put there email address on this site asking for someones coursework (so far behind)... But although I have no evidence of this, and this is my opinion, I think nothing will happen.

As long as you have not taken someones coursework, slapped your name onto it, and handed it in, you should be fine. As for your m8s, if it is different enough, then they should be fine.

Please note that I may be wrong on this.

Good luck in your exams, and hope your german A2 goes well.
------
Robin Bourne
XXXNICEGUYXXX
Rep:
?
hey. thx 4 the reply... yea i hope he doesnt get busted. i read this report that examiners are supposed to mark 700 papers a day each in 40 seconds. hahahaha

german A2 is no prob at all... i have to come up with a speech on something cultural in germany... seeing that i am half german and speak the language fluently i'm gonna think of the speech on the bus on the way to school hahaha
prolly gonna be on Michael Schumacher...
i'm doing my GCSEs at the mom. so i did the A-Level ahead to save time. i got a A for the A1 if thats wat its called...
i did it with a bunch of other german students and one of the 2 exams we did for the first set of exams was like a 2:30 hour paper... everybody was finihsed so we were let out after 45 mins hahahaha but they kept us in isolation so i'm guessing its all fine.
crazy though... i'm living in Asia and there are exams that start at 7pm at night!
i think edexcel should have different exams for different parts of the world... would also eliminate the time zone cheating
Robinb
Report 16 years ago
It would make sence, different time zones. But I am sure it has gone past Edexcel and such.. so not much I can do really....

Having exams that late at night, or early morning is stupid. You don't get to concentrate well, so you don't get the grades you can get.

What do you think?
XXXNICEGUYXXX
Rep:
?
yea its crazy... exams should be at noon or latest like 3 pm...
and the english lit/language papers should be earlier...
cuz they're 2:30 hour papers which require a lot of thinking and writing and if ur tired u just **** it up.
my exam time table isnt so bad this year... except for the 4th of june where i have two french exams in the morning and a maths paper from 5-7pm
thatll be hard...
how did u do for GCSEs?
Robinb
Report 16 years ago
Yea, I did well.
3 A
5B
2C
1D - History

which is pritty cool.
Not doing so well in A levels though: Chemisty, physics, maths, Comp Sci...
Predicted D,D/C,C,B

What bout you? what u predicted?

Robinb

sorry for the late reply. Got a bit tied up.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
well i didnt study for my mocks at all and got pretty much all C
except for IT where i got A*

this is what i'm thinking i can get if study:

English Lit: B
English Lanuage: A
French: A*
German: A* ( all ready have it)
Science: AA
IGCSE Econs: A*
Music: B ( courseowk is 60% and mine is A* but i dont know the theory)
Maths: A*

will be quite the effor:P
its 3:30am here now and i need to start studying at 7 so i'm gonna go to sleep
cya
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.1%
No (603)
65.9%

Watched Threads