Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just submitted my Student Finance application online, but it didn't list a Maintenance Grant on the summary of the support I'm entitled to.

It never even asked me if I wanted to apply for one, so is it automatically granted based on household income (in which case I don't need to worry)? Or, does the fact that I'll be entering the fourth year of my degree mean I'm no longer entitled to one? (I don't know whether you're only entitled to it for three years, it's just something I'm wondering.)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    louie_gee_gee

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem - i phoned up and they told me I'd answered a question about being non-income assessed incorrectly. They told me to print off that section of the form, and send it back off with my ref no. If u haven't sold the problem already, just phone them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louie_Gee_Gee)
    Hi,

I've just submitted my Student Finance application online, but it didn't list a Maintenance Grant on the summary of the support I'm entitled to.

It never even asked me if I wanted to apply for one, so is it automatically granted based on household income (in which case I don't need to worry)? Or, does the fact that I'll be entering the fourth year of my degree mean I'm no longer entitled to one? (I don't know whether you're only entitled to it for three years, it's just something I'm wondering.)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    louie_gee_gee
    Yes if you appllied online it wont ask you if you want maintenance grant, if you said yes to be assessed on household income, then you are automatically given one as long as you provided some financial evidence, parents p60. Then you should get a letter in the post and it should state what your getting. If your worried then phone up student finance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.