Turn on thread page Beta

Giving first impressions/ like or dislike? watch

ReputationRep:
    personally i hate giving first impressions when meeting someone new, I get all nervous as i over think how to act when meeting especially in the case of a job interview. Its supposed to be a fact that a person gets an impression of somebody after the first 15 seconds. I don't like someone getting the wrong impression of me because then i have to create a new impression and i don't like doing that because then people get confused of the real you and who and how you actually act

Is it just me or does anyone out there feel the same?

ReputationRep:
    there is always a second chance

ReputationRep:
    ^people always seem to have a really strange perception of me, like the complete opposite of what i'm actually like. First impressions can be really frustrating

ReputationRep:
    There's no point acting like someone you're not.

ReputationRep:
    My first impressions are usually terrible if I don't say anything, people have said I look threatening, such an awful trait to have, but when I do speak people normally they think I'm a happy chappy.

ReputationRep:
    No? Because I know who I am and I know what most people think of me... well for the most part anyway. Be more confident in yourself, confidence goes a long way.

ReputationRep:
    I loathe the concept of first impressions as well, even more so especially in this sort of fast paced society where its all people can depend on. I always always give the benefit of the doubt when meeting a person for the first time. We can go "never judge a book by its cover" for almost everything, but this, meeting people, apparently the cover makes the book.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.