Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do girls find thin/very slim/slender guys a, turn off? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so long as it's not a skinny-fat body shape (where the guy looks slim when clothed, but when naked reveal some kind of weird sticky-out belly or slightly soft moobies), slender is very much the preference for me :}

ReputationRep:
    Hey, if you are too skinny, just dress like a hipster.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

On a different note, I prefer built guys, but it is not essential.

ReputationRep:
    A definite yes! There are girls like that, they aren't really as rare as you think OP, so no worries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I like my man with a bit of meat on him.
    cringe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sokissme18)
    i actually have a thing for skinny guys
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it is a turn off for most girls past the age of 14.

ReputationRep:
    As long as he isn't slimmer than me, its fine. If he is slimmer, then we have issues

ReputationRep:
    Different strokes for different folks. Though what I can say, and this goes for anyone, regardless of shape or size, is that you need to dress right for your body. If you're skinny, don't dress in clothes that swamp and overwhelm you. Go for slim-fitting clothing and avoid clompy shoes.

Don't fret, girls will like you. If a girl doesn't like you, remember that you've probably got preferences yourself when it comes to girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    This.

Probably better to describe it as 'built', rather than having muscles (although they're both the same thing really).
    Wouldn't say it's exactly the same, some people have naturally bigger frames, broader shoulders etc. I'd call that built.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I like guys who are somewhere in the middle - I tend to go for quite sporty guys, who have muscles from playing sport rather than from obsessive working out, and so aren't too 'bulky'. I would say underweight/skinny is as unattractive as overweight, healthily slim on the other hand is no problem

(Original post by Angie varona)
    Real life women prefer muscles.

Tsr girls dont.
    I'm not your typical TSR girl (sociable, excessive drinker at times, do a bit of weed, quite open-minded... never started a post on here before) but bulky guys are a turn off.

I know what you're saying though.

ReputationRep:
    No. It's not a turn off.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I am not attracted to skinny men. Slender is fine but skinny is not my cup of tea. Nothing worse than a guy that eats less than you! Saying that, i know a lot of girls that are so it really swings in roundabouts.

ReputationRep:
    On the whole: I would say more girls are attracted to toned, muscular guys. A girl told me once that it gives them a feeling of security, like they can protect them.

Me, however, I love skinny guys. Toned muscles are actually a turn off for me. But that could be due to the fact I am quite slender myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TupeloHoney)
    Hey, if you are too skinny, just dress like a hipster.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

On a different note, I prefer built guys, but it is not essential.
    This.

Dressing like a hipster will get you laid, I guarantee it.

ReputationRep:
    My brother is pretty tall and slim but is reasonably muscly (just a little not-quite-a-six-pack-more-like-a-four-pack) and he doesn't seem to have any trouble. In fact he's totaaly oblivious to female attention, despite the fact that a girl posted on his facebook something like "Hey, I know you're meant to be going to the cinema with X but my parents are away for the weekend so you would have much more fun if you came here instead ". Bless him.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not really, as long as they're not anorexic-looking then it's fine by me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm quit slender not anorexic thin. My guy friends who are bigger than me comment on how slim I am and its got me wondering that if my guy mates say that would girls find me unattractive as I'm hardly muscle like my guy friends. Are thin guys more harsh on themselves. Its just that those comments are makin me think if my guy friends look at me as slim and gentle maybe girls will be put off too or do girls look at it differently?

Thanks. Really become self conscious now. I know its about personality too but its got me conscious.
    Don't worry. This guy I'm seeing is quite thin, it's actually quite scary how he jars me with his hip looool.

As long as it's not anorexic you're all right. And those guys who comment on your weight are just jealous.

ReputationRep:
    I find it attractive actually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm quit slender not anorexic thin. My guy friends who are bigger than me comment on how slim I am and its got me wondering that if my guy mates say that would girls find me unattractive as I'm hardly muscle like my guy friends. Are thin guys more harsh on themselves. Its just that those comments are makin me think if my guy friends look at me as slim and gentle maybe girls will be put off too or do girls look at it differently?

Thanks. Really become self conscious now. I know its about personality too but its got me conscious.
    No way. I love skinny men. Much prefer it over muscles.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.