Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Coffee Ice Lollies? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of making some coffee (with milk) and then putting it in ice lolly moulds so it freezes. Will this turn into the coffee flavoured mini milk I'm anticipating or a mess?

ReputationRep:
    Coffee flavoured milk should be OK I'd imagine... just don't make it with water if you were going to, I'd imagine it would separate?

ReputationRep:
    From reading the title I thought ew.. but milky ice lollie.. mmmm. I can't imagine it'd have the creamy texture mini milk has though.

ReputationRep:
    Need to be pretty strong imo cos your tastebuds won't work so well on freezing cold stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Should be fine. I did chocolate pudding ones the other day (instructions said add 1l warm milk and put in fridge for 4 hours and seeing as it was still liquid the next day I just froze it). Was really nice actually.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds delicious if you can get it right, but one time when I tried making milk ice cubes it separated weirdly, I think it had a sort of clear yellowy layer on top, then a more milky layer underneath. But I know people freeze whole cartons of milk without any problems, so it's worth a try. I'd use full fat milk if you've got it, it would probably taste nicer.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.