Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what it is?

I'm resitting unit 3 of one of my A-Levels so I can try for an A*

They don't place any restrictions on resits, do they?

I have an offer for Education and Sociology, BBB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    Anyone know what it is?

Resitting units of an A level within your 2 years of 6th form is fine for every UK uni except UCL medicine and Imperial Maths (and possibly a couple of others but it would be detailed in your offer letter. Eg it would say 'Grade A in Maths A level with an A grade in every unit at the first attempt.')

Unis only dislike 'resits' when you do a whole extra 3rd year of school - ie, you get your A levels on results day and then redo one or more units.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    Resitting units of an A level within your 2 years of 6th form is fine for every UK uni except UCL medicine and Imperial Maths (and possibly a couple of others but it would be detailed in your offer letter. Eg it would say 'Grade A in Maths A level with an A grade in every unit at the first attempt.')

Unis only dislike 'resits' when you do a whole extra 3rd year of school - ie, you get your A levels on results day and then redo one or more units.
    I'm going to have to PM you...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what it is?

If you're still within the initial two years of your A-Levels, you're fine- they won't give a toss.

After that? Expect an offer slightly higher than usual, at best- most Universities tend to look down on third year applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AirRaven)
    If you're still within the initial two years of your A-Levels, you're fine- they won't give a toss.

After that? Expect an offer slightly higher than usual, at best- most Universities tend to look down on third year applicants.
    It's a long story, but technically this is my fourth year...

I got UUUU on AS results day 2008, took a year out, then went back.

I got 5 offers so nowhere pulled me up on this I just don't want to get a call on results day this year saying "err..no sorry we said no resits"

I didn't resit any of the same subjects

ReputationRep:
    It's a long story, but technically this is my fourth year...

I got UUUU on AS results day 2008, took a year out, then went back.

I got 5 offers so nowhere pulled me up on this I just don't want to get a call on results day this year saying "err..no sorry we said no resits"

I didn't resit any of the same subjects
    Oh, you're probably fine.

They're hardly going to call you up on results day after they've given you an offer. Don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, you're probably fine.

They're hardly going to call you up on results day after they've given you an offer. Don't worry about it!
    I hope not

cheers
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

You doom-monger over resitting and reapplying far too much some universities dislke it and look down on people having to resit and reapply, but lots really don't seem to care that much.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sun, 16 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.