Turn on thread page Beta

Do you generally keep the friends you made at University, or do you drift apart...? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just curious.

ReputationRep:
    Well 2bh, I'm only in my second semester of my first year, but I don't see myself being close to the 'friends' I have now in 5 years time, however I have 1 friend from high school and sixth form that I'm still in touch with and very close to and will probably always be. It's not about uni/high school/ primary school/college/sixth form/work/etc, it's to do with chance and timing, you can find your true friends anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still in contact with my 3 best friends from school, though as I was the only one to take a gap year they contacted each other more than me, so are probably closer than me with them. We also have placements and stuff at different times so our schedules almost always conflict.

Most of my friends at university are from Ireland or other areas not in the South West, so I highly doubt we'll be able to physically see each other after graduation, except on the odd special occasion. I hope we'll still call and text each other though.

ReputationRep:
    going by my parents... they kept their close friends. the rest have drifted somewhat

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 close freinds who i've kept in contact with since high school and now wer at uni im the only one who moved out but we still see alot of each other If thier worth it they stay around

ReputationRep:
    Really doubt I will.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Of the three close friends my dad has, two he met at university (the other being an ex-colleague)

I can see myself being lifelong friends with some of the people I'm close friends with now at university. Not all of them though.

Similarly I expect I'll be friends with the guy who was sat next to me on the first day of year 7 for quite some time.

ReputationRep:
    I hope i will

ReputationRep:
    some you will, some you won't. It really depends how close you live and how much effort you're willing to put in. You're no more or less likely to stay in touch with uni friends than school friends.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.