Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you say I am self-conscious? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Now that the warmer weather is making an appearance, this will be plaguing me somewhat. This time last year I was having a discussion with a couple of people and I mentioned that whilst I don't mind my body I would never sunbathe or go swimming, to which he retorted, "That's well bad."

Is it?

I wouldn't go swimming or sunbathe because I just don't like my body, but I wouldn't say I'm self-conscious. I also don't like baring my arms so even in summer I wear long sleeve shirts. What's wrong with that? :dontknow:

Oh, and I'm a guy if that makes any difference.

ReputationRep:
    You're self conscious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm clever)
    Who ate all the pies!
    Ha, actually the opposite - it's because I'm skinny.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you are self conscious. I would say not doing something because you're aware of, or worry about what people think of you, is being self concious, which is a problem. You should be able to do what you want without worrying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatemylife)
    So why are you worried. You'll fade into the background, unless you have self harm scars all over you and going by your username this is possibility...

ReputationRep:
    Then eat some pies?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'd say you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm clever)
    So why are you worried. You'll fade into the background, unless you have self harm scars all over you and going by your username this is possibility...
    lol well I'm not quite at that stage. I just don't feel comfortable being exposed.

ReputationRep:
    seriously even you display your arms etc who would care?

If you care less how people will evaluate you, your life will be much easier. Trust me. And fact is, rarely do people actually make judgements on you based on trivial matters. Even if they do, it prolly doesnt mean much to them and will be forgotten right away.

ReputationRep:
    People concentrate wayy more on the fatties, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant thread title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jez RR)
    Brilliant thread title
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    The irony. If you are self-conscious enough to ask a forum full of strangers if they would say you are self-conscious, then you are.

ReputationRep:
    The irony. If you are self-conscious enough to ask a forum full of strangers if they would say you are self-conscious, then you are.
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    True dat. I'd rep you if I could.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm like this...I hate wearing t-shirts on their own.

You can just wear long sleeve shirts then? roll the sleeves up to your mid arm so you can't see your skinny arms? (unless you have fully skinny arms)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    Oh I'm like this...I hate wearing t-shirts on their own.

You can just wear long sleeve shirts then? roll the sleeves up to your mid arm so you can't see your skinny arms? (unless you have fully skinny arms)
    Fully skinny arms...

Hah I'm in the same position OP. I know I shouldn't care but it bothers me.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even read what you said yet and I can already tell you that you are, hence why you made this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are. You're concious about yourself; your appearance to other people and you not being happy with what you have, or rather, what you don't have.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.