Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you say I am self-conscious? watch

ReputationRep:
    You are extremely self conscious, and you sound like a massive push over. Grow some balls. I'm 6 foot and weigh 9 stone, so I can empathise with the skinniness. But seriously, why do you care? All caring does is make you influence your decisions based on other people. Do what you want, not what others might want. Stop trying to gain acceptance from everyone. Take your top off have a laugh. Get a clue, break this weird barrier you got going preventing you from living.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    You are extremely self conscious, and you sound like a massive push over. Grow some balls. I'm 6 foot and weigh 9 stone, so I can empathise with the skinniness. But seriously, why do you care? All caring does is make you influence your decisions based on other people. Do what you want, not what others might want. Stop trying to gain acceptance from everyone. Take your top off have a laugh. Get a clue, break this weird barrier you got going preventing you from living.
    If I took my top off, I'd never laugh. I don't even like catching a glimpse of myself just before stepping into the shower! Unimaginable. It's also why i don't really go on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    Connor? Is that you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1234567)
    Connor? Is that you?
    No...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatemylife)
    If I took my top off, I'd never laugh. I don't even like catching a glimpse of myself just before stepping into the shower! Unimaginable. It's also why i don't really go on holiday.
    I can make my index finger and thumb meet and touch around my bisceps. Is your situation any different? Are you skinnier then me? Are you taller then me? If you were skinnier then me, or much skinnier, you must have some problem and I would see a doctor. But if its just self consciousness, then I dunno really how to make you see it how i see it.

Are you scared people will comment about it, or you will put people off being friends with you or something? Why exactly are you self conscious about being skinny? People will only make a deal out of it if you let them. Don't try and cover it up. Buy a tank top or vest and just wear it for the lols. I go to the gym and I cant imagine how many people must look at me and be lolling to themselves as Im there lifting 5kg dumbbells. But how has that got any effect on my life?

Look, you are only letting it hinder your lifestyle by not accepting it. Ironically you seem to be hindering your life in order to not hinder your life. It's like you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Man I wish I could just lend you my mind for a few minutes to help you see that caring is for fools.

ReputationRep:
    I can make my index finger and thumb meet and touch around my bisceps. Is your situation any different? Are you skinnier then me? Are you taller then me? If you were skinnier then me, or much skinnier, you must have some problem and I would see a doctor. But if its just self consciousness, then I dunno really how to make you see it how i see it.

Are you scared people will comment about it, or you will put people off being friends with you or something? Why exactly are you self conscious about being skinny? People will only make a deal out of it if you let them. Don't try and cover it up. Buy a tank top or vest and just wear it for the lols. I go to the gym and I cant imagine how many people must look at me and be lolling to themselves as Im there lifting 5kg dumbbells. But how has that got any effect on my life?

Look, you are only letting it hinder your lifestyle by not accepting it. Ironically you seem to be hindering your life in order to not hinder your life. It's like you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Man I wish I could just lend you my mind for a few minutes to help you see that caring is for fools.
    Well I can almost get right around my 'biceps'. I'm not really self-conscious about it, I just don't like taking my top off, and due to this I wouldn't go swimming or sunbathing or anything else that would require the removal of clothing. (that sounds more sexual than I intended, but thinking about it I wouldn't do that either!)

I know it's okay for you, but if I thought it made any difference, I wouldn't go to the gym as I'd be the entertainment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatemylife)
    Well I can almost get right around my 'biceps'. I'm not really self-conscious about it, I just don't like taking my top off, and due to this I wouldn't go swimming or sunbathing or anything else that would require the removal of clothing. (that sounds more sexual than I intended, but thinking about it I wouldn't do that either!)

I know it's okay for you, but if I thought it made any difference, I wouldn't go to the gym as I'd be the entertainment!
    You're confusing me here. You sound very self conscious to me. What other reason could you have for not exposing your flesh? Is there something else bothering you other than being skinny? It sounds to me something is troubling you. Wear a necklace or something. Draws the attention away from the body and I think, purely psychologically of course, it makes you look less skinny. Well for me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You're confusing me here. You sound very self conscious to me. What other reason could you have for not exposing your flesh? Is there something else bothering you other than being skinny? It sounds to me something is troubling you. Wear a necklace or something. Draws the attention away from the body and I think, purely psychologically of course, it makes you look less skinny. Well for me anyway.
    I already wear a silver necklace and cross, but not for fashion purposes. I just don't like exposing it as it's not very nice to look at for others.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't really make a difference, some people just aren't that confident with their bodies, nothing wrong with staying in your comfort zone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.