Turn on thread page Beta

Help with work experience letter watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for a work placement, shadowing a GP, at my local medical center.
    Please can you have a look at the letter below and suggest any improvements.

All comments appreciated, thank you.

My Address
    Recipients Address

Dear Janet Gallant
    (Practice Manager)

RE: Shadowing a GP
    My name is Ali Ghasemi: I am 16 years old, currently studying my A-levels at Notre Dame Sixth Form College. I am writing to enquire about a possibility of a work placement at Ashton View Medical Centre from week beginning 4/07/11 until week beginning 15/07/11.
    I am studying Biology, Chemistry, ICT and Maths. Having intensely enjoyed these subjects at GCSE, I have chosen to continue with these at A-level as I believe that these will form a stable foundation for my ultimate career as a doctor.
    Having completed a 2 week work experience at a pharmacy, I learned the importance of good communication skills and teamwork and I hope by completing work experience at Ashton View Medical Centre, I can further deepen my interest in the career that I want to pursue. Ashton View Medical Centre has been my local medical centre for the past 3 years and the friendly faces have become known to me and I cannot imagine any other place to complete my work experience.
    I am a punctual, hard-working and open-minded individual. I am a person who is kind and caring towards others and have a genuine passion for helping others. My hobbies are; I play badminton at my local leisure centre, I like to read, I play football with my siblings at my local park and I find the game more enjoyable when I sort the players into teams.
    I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely

Ali Ghasemi

ReputationRep:
    It sounds pretty good

I'll be writing some of these soon as I want to do some work experience for medicine as well xD Maybe instead of saying "for my ultimate career as a doctor" say "for my ultimate career goal, to become a doctor"? Just an idea... it sounded a bit weird when I read it but that could just be me!

ReputationRep:
    thank you for your suggestion, Joseppea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casio1)
    Ashton View Medical Centre has been my local medical centre for the past 3 years and the friendly faces have become known to me
    For this reason, you will not get a shadowing placement there.

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    why wont they offer me shadowing work placement, is there something wrong with the sentence, please explain.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casio1)
    why wont they offer me shadowing work placement, is there something wrong with the sentence, please explain.

Thank you
    Confidentiality issues will prevent you from shadowing at your local GP, especially if you are a patient there.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.