Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How would you feel if your best friend had done this to you? watch

• View Poll Results: I think you should
    not forgive your friend, he betrayed you in the worst way
    29.17%
    Ask your friend if he only said those things because he was upset at the time
    20.83%
    tell your friend how his account of what actually happened made you feel
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    Basically me and my friend have known each other since the age of 2. we went all through nursery and primary school together and all through the start and end of high school together. When I was in my first year of high school, (year 7) I was coming home from school one day and was run over by a car travelling at a speed of 30-35mph. What happened was I was waiting for a bus to move so that i could cross the road but there was a Que of people waiting to get onto the bus so Instead of waiting for the bus to move i decided to cross the road in front of the bus, (I had saw many people do this prior to my accident, luckily they never got hit) checked the opposite side of the road which was clear and so I started to cross, and car overtaking the bus (I didn't see the car as the bus was hiding it from view) collided into me throwing me into the air and I came crashing to the floor. I came around i think about 3 minutes later and saw a big crowd of people surrounding me, all in a panic. Luckily I survived, I just stood up in a daze and started to walk home saying ''i want to go home I want to go home'' but the crowd sat me down and Somebody called an ambulance and I was checked over at hospital. Thankfully and incredibly, I had nothing broken, only bruises and cuts but also i had and still have dents in my head from impact, there not visible but I can feel them if i touch the top of my head. there not very deep, probably about 3-5 centimeters. The hospital wanted to keep me in but after I insisted non stop for a near 2 hours I was home the same day. Not many people at the age of 13 get hit by a 35mph car and survive, plus are home again the same day.

Anyway My best friends mum said that he (my friend) was very upset after hearing about my accident and it really shook him up. I was back in school after about 2months and a few rumours amongst a few immature people were going around that I had been run over by a parked car. It turned out it was my best friend who had started these rumours, that really pissed me off as I felt he was making a joke out of it, but i think he did it to deal with the way he felt emotionally. he said i was standing in front of a car with nobody inside and another car hit the car with me in the middle and squashed me. That was a load of rubbish.

My friend was NOT even at the scene of my accident at the time.

Ever since then I have never really bothered with him, I see him in the street now (were both 19) and I say nothing to him ( I think he feels guilty and I think he wants us to be friends again but he has never as much as apologized so i just ignore him).

As far as i see it, we have known each other a lifetime, were best friends through childhood (19years) and he chose to ruin and betray our friendship. I don't see how i can easily forgive him for that....:mad:

How would you guys react to somebody you had known your entire life and had done this to you? would you find it easy to forgive?

EDIT: Why was i bad repped for this?! get off my thread if you have a problem, don't neg rep if you don't know what your talking about

I couldn't care less... people are immature in year 7, I'd get over it myself, which isn't an option on the poll

And please learn to summarise as I felt like I was going down the wrong road with your story about being hit by a car, we don't need to know every detail.

ReputationRep:
    ***** slap him.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like your friend has a sense of humour which you evidently don't have.

Seriously, grow a pair and stop being so sombre about the whole incident, as you said you survived it. It's not even in particularly poor taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark!91)
    Basically me and my friend have known each other since the age of 2. we went all through nursery and primary school together and all through the start and end of high school together. When I was in my first year of high school, (year 7) I was coming home from school one day and was run over by a car travelling at a speed of 30-35mph.
    Wait, so you havent spoken to him in five/six years? Or have I misunderstood this?

ReputationRep:
    Well they cant have been a very good friend if they were spreading gossip or if he didnt even ask how you were after the accident. I would just get on with life and forget about him, like you have done for the last few years! Not worth worrying about x

ReputationRep:
    You definitely should have had a: "I'd get over it." Sometimes the best way to get over something scary or sad is to laugh at it or at least take a humourous view. *shrug* It's a shame to waste your friendship on something so silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenkatsu)
    Wait, so you havent spoken to him in five/six years? Or have I misunderstood this?

Not really no! I have probably made small talk to him like''what time is it''or what have we got next lesson' ' but I have not talked to him as a friend for about 5-6years correct. i have realized I don't need people like him in my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    Sounds like your friend has a sense of humour which you evidently don't have.

Seriously, grow a pair and stop being so sombre about the whole incident, as you said you survived it. It's not even in particularly poor taste.

you are a ********! How would you feel if you had been run over/stabbed and lucky to survive and your best friend who you have known for your whole entire life was making fun and spreading lies about it? Would you find it humorous then? You are a real idiot:mad:

ReputationRep:
    you are a ********! How would you feel if you had been run over/stabbed and lucky to survive and your best friend who you have known for your whole entire life was making fun and spreading lies about it? Would you find it humorous then? You are a real idiot:mad:
    Yeah, that's fine. In fact I'd want him to make light of the situation, because I have a sense of humour.

He wasn't making fun or spreading lies, he was making the situation humorous. Of course no one actually believed you were hit by a parked car, it's just a light joke made in poor taste.

Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Tl'dr ffs it's saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    Yeah, that's fine. In fact I'd want him to make light of the situation, because I have a sense of humour.

He wasn't making fun or spreading lies, he was making the situation humorous. Of course no one actually believed you were hit by a parked car, it's just a light joke made in poor taste.

Grow up.

I rather you didn't post tbh as you should know by my reply to another idiot that I don't take light of the situation and I don't need you posting nonsense.

How would you feel if you were hit by a car and your best friend who you known all your life is laughing about it and telling lies to everyone the next day whilst your at home covered in cuts,bruises, and dents, and can hardly move, would you find it a laughing matter? you must be sick in the head, **** you I don't want to hear back from you!

ReputationRep:
    Not really no! I have probably made small talk to him like''what time is it''or what have we got next lesson' ' but I have not talked to him as a friend for about 5-6years correct. i have realized I don't need people like him in my life
    You seem to be really over this friend by saying 'i don't need people like him in my life' so why is there the need to rekindle a frienship you don't want to have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancing Shoelaces)
    You seem to be really over this friend by saying 'i don't need people like him in my life' so why is there the need to rekindle a frienship you don't want to have?

By that I mean I can live without having him in my life but that doesn't mean I'm saying I'm definitely forgetting him, it means if I decide to not bother with him i wouldn't really care less. Thats why I'm asking on here to see what other people would do.

what would you do. pretend it was you, you were lucky to be alive and can hardly move and you knew your best friend from childhood you knew for your entire life was out their the day after the incident laughing and saying lies about what happened and twisting things. would you find that quite funny or would you be upset that he could of at least had some consideration and put your feelings first as a friend would do??

ReputationRep:
    He said you got run over by a parked cat? How is that even possible, and so why would anyone believe/spread it?

People change though, I'd say you should give him another chance after so many years.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest.. if you can't get over it, he's better off without you.

People are dicks at a younger age. And people grow up. He's not the person he was in year 7. I have done bad things to other people, and other people have done bad things to me. We matured, and got over it.

I agree, it was a **** move of him. But it happened a very long time ago. He's probably not proud of what he did. If you really do want to be friends, just ask him straight up. If he still thinks it was the right thing to do, then you OP are in the right and should ditch him. If he now understands why it was a **** move, then he's fine.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to hear peoples opinions, why ask it?

And I would get over it, you haven't spoken to him for 5/6 years because of that? Wow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millyshyn)
    He said you got run over by a parked cat? How is that even possible, and so why would anyone believe/spread it?

People change though, I'd say you should give him another chance after so many years.

My so called best friend wasn't even their at the time

On the bus that was nearby a whole load of people from my school can prove he was lying as they all saw what actually happened so they knew he was lying anyway but other people that also weren't there were listening and some believing my friends lies.

I think I have made up my mind, I will forgive him but have nothing to do with him.

ReputationRep:
    How would you feel if you were hit by a car and your best friend who you known all your life is laughing about it and telling lies to everyone the next day whilst your at home covered in cuts,bruises, and dents, and can hardly move, would you find it a laughing matter? you must be sick in the head, **** you I don't want to hear back from you!
    what would you do. pretend it was you, you were lucky to be alive and can hardly move and you knew your best friend from childhood you knew for your entire life was out their the day after the incident laughing and saying lies about what happened and twisting things. would you find that quite funny or would you be upset that he could of at least had some consideration and put your feelings first as a friend would do??
    Poor boy. You must have hit your head pretty hard.

ReputationRep:
    I would have gotten over it long ago. I certainly wouldn't be posting threads about it at the age of 19. Maybe it upset you at the age of 13, but surely now you're an adult you can see that he wasn't 'making fun of you', no one would actually believe you were hit by a parked car (it's impossible) and he was making light of the situation, which, if anything is what I'd expect any friend to do if people were talking about you to try and play down the drama of the situation.

(What if he hadn't said anything to make light of the situation and people spread rumours that the crash had left you disabled? I bet that would have been a much worse scenario! There was a boy in our school who had something similar happen as a child, and he was in a coma for a while, despite being a perfectly normal, nice guy, he was avoided and shunned for his entire childhood afterwards because he was known as 'that crash boy'.)

Like many people in this thread, I feel your choice of poll options is very inadequate: "not forgive your friend, he betrayed you in the worst way" - is ridiculously petty, and slightly psychotic that you'd still be bitter after all these years over something so small, if you think a 12 year old's jokes is "a betrayal in the worst way" you are going to find adulthood very difficult to adjust to. You might want to talk to a counsellor because your handling of this situation is not normal, and confronting your friend about it now will only look extremely psychotic that you'd be angry about something he did as a 12 year old.

Just get on with your life. Other people in this thread seem to be saying this yet you neg them or ask them to leave the thread - it's as if you only want to hear people who agree with you.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.