Turn on thread page Beta

How would you feel if your best friend had done this to you? watch

• View Poll Results: I think you should
    not forgive your friend, he betrayed you in the worst way
    29.17%
    Ask your friend if he only said those things because he was upset at the time
    20.83%
    tell your friend how his account of what actually happened made you feel
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick1sHere)
    If you don't want to hear peoples opinions, why ask it?

And I would get over it, you haven't spoken to him for 5/6 years because of that? Wow

i have made small talk while walking past yes, but never talked/seem him as a friend since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark!91)
    My so called best friend wasn't even their at the time but this is what he had said

A car was parked on the road and I was standing in front of it and another car hit the car and he said i was standing between the two and was crushed in the middle:mad:

On the bus that was nearby a whole load of people from my school can prove he was lying as they all saw what actually happened so they knew he was lying anyway but other people that also weren't there were listening and some believing my friends lies.

I think I have made up my mind, I will forgive him but have nothing to do with him.
    Being crushed between two cars sounds pretty serious. Are you sure he wasn't just mistaken?

Forgiving him but having nothing to do with him really isn't forgiveness.. More like putting the issue to one side. Which is still a viable option, I'm not going against your decision, just against calling it forgivenesss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curly A)
    Poor boy. You must have hit your head pretty hard.

I did, i was lucky to survive:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    lol sounds like a joke to me, lighten up.

parked car XD

ReputationRep:
    By that I mean I can live without having him in my life but that doesn't mean I'm saying I'm definitely forgetting him, it means if I decide to not bother with him i wouldn't really care less. Thats why I'm asking on here to see what other people would do.

what would you do. pretend it was you, you were lucky to be alive and can hardly move and you knew your best friend from childhood you knew for your entire life was out their the day after the incident laughing and saying lies about what happened and twisting things. would you find that quite funny or would you be upset that he could of at least had some consideration and put your feelings first as a friend would do??
    What he did must have been awful at the time, but people change a lot between throughout secondary school. So I'd start a conversation with him.

I'm still confused as to why you care enough him post a thread about situation and get defensive at certain responses, but then say: 'if I decide to not bother with him i wouldn't really care less'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    Being crushed between two cars sounds pretty serious. Are you sure he wasn't just mistaken?

Forgiving him but having nothing to do with him really isn't forgiveness.. More like putting the issue to one side. Which is still a viable option, I'm not going against your decision, just against calling it forgivenesss.

Tbh that was not what he said, he said I was run over by a parked car but this is what i guess he meant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancing Shoelaces)
    What he did must have been awful at the time, but people change a lot between throughout secondary school. So I'd start a conversation with him.

I'm still confused as to why you care enough him post a thread about situation and get defensive at certain responses, but then say: 'if I decide to not bother with him i wouldn't really care less'

I would like to resume a friendship with him, but I'm asking you guys for advice and if the majority of you say ditch him I have an easier choice. I may still be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here, we'll see

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a bit of banter to me. As if you've sacrificed a 10 year friendship over it aswell, poor guy.

ReputationRep:
    When I was in my first year of high school, (year 7) I was coming home from school one day and was run over by a car travelling at a speed of 30-35mph.
    As far as i see it, we have known each other a lifetime, were best friends through childhood (19years) and he chose to ruin and betray our friendship. I don't see how i can easily forgive him for that....:mad:
    So you were 19 in Year 7? Because that probably explains a lot.

ReputationRep:
    you were 13 in year 7? That's unusual! And why were you off school for 2 months becuase of some bruises, when you weren't even kep in hospital overnight...

ReputationRep:
    he said i was standing in front of a car with nobody inside and another car hit the car with me in the middle and squashed me. That was a load of rubbish.
    I just re-read this - really doesn't sound like your friend was ignoring the seriousness of your accident. Are you sure you he didn't just get the information didn't get confused about the accident, because getting squashed inbetween you still sounds pretty awful...

ReputationRep:
    Your post is really inconsistent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    I would have gotten over it long ago. I certainly wouldn't be posting threads about it at the age of 19. Maybe it upset you at the age of 13, but surely now you're an adult you can see that he wasn't 'making fun of you', no one would actually believe you were hit by a parked car (it's impossible) and he was making light of the situation, which, if anything is what I'd expect any friend to do if people were talking about you to try and play down the drama of the situation.

(What if he hadn't said anything to make light of the situation and people spread rumours that the crash had left you disabled? I bet that would have been a much worse scenario! There was a boy in our school who had something similar happen as a child, and he was in a coma for a while, despite being a perfectly normal, nice guy, he was avoided and shunned for his entire childhood afterwards because he was known as 'that crash boy'.)

Like many people in this thread, I feel your choice of poll options is very inadequate: "not forgive your friend, he betrayed you in the worst way" - is ridiculously petty, and slightly psychotic that you'd still be bitter after all these years over something so small, if you think a 12 year old's jokes is "a betrayal in the worst way" you are going to find adulthood very difficult to adjust to. You might want to talk to a counsellor because your handling of this situation is not normal, and confronting your friend about it now will only look extremely psychotic that you'd be angry about something he did as a 12 year old.

Just get on with your life. Other people in this thread seem to be saying this yet you neg them or ask them to leave the thread - it's as if you only want to hear people who agree with you.

It wasn't years after me being hit by a car that he started the rumors, it was the following day when i was at home, needing the support of family and friends. His mum said he was very upset but the following day I found out he was making fun and laughing at me and twisting the actual events whilst I was still at home, still in the danger zone.

i don't mind people giving an opinion but if its one i find directed as an offence towards me i have the right to ask them to leave my thread.

ReputationRep:
    Your friend hardly said anything bad. So he exagerated?

Who the **** cares

ReputationRep:
    I just re-read this - really doesn't sound like your friend was ignoring the seriousness of your accident. Are you sure you he didn't just get the information didn't get confused about the accident, because getting squashed inbetween you still sounds pretty awful...

No, he said I was run over by a parked car. thats it, thats all he said. I'm guessing thats what he meant by me being hit by a parked car, otherwise how is it possible.

he didn't say I was squashed between 2 parked cars, I'm guessing he meant that though but he was making jokes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teao the Cat)
    you were 13 in year 7? That's unusual! And why were you off school for 2 months becuase of some bruises, when you weren't even kep in hospital overnight...

Stupid idiot! don't question me as if I'm lying! Okay I may have been 12, could possibly of been 12 13 though i cant remember 6years later.i was of school because my whole body was stiff after the incident, I couldn't move around properly without aches and pains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    So you were 19 in Year 7? Because that probably explains a lot.

NO!:mad: I am saying i have known him 19years up to date. at the time of the incident when we were 12 or 13 i had known him approx 11 years

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he got he mixed up his words and it really doesn't come across as him trying to make a jooke of the situation.

I think you may have jumped to a conclusion about his intentions...

ReputationRep:
    shut the hell up, you should i have a 'I don't give a ****, you are an idiot' option.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he got he mixed up his words and it really doesn't come across as him trying to make a jooke of the situation.

I think you may have jumped to a conclusion about his intentions...

For the 4th time! I have said this to 3 others now

He never said I got squashed between 2 cars, I am saying that's the only thing that could have happened if you get hit by a parked car so he could of said that.

but he did not tell anyone I was squashed between 2 cars, he said ''i was hit by a parked car

This is starting to upset me a little now bringing up these old memories and some of the cruel things people on the thread are saying, be more thoughtful please:mad:

I was not hit by a parked car, i was hit by a 35mph car on a busy road

Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.