Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How would you feel if your best friend had done this to you? watch

• View Poll Results: I think you should
    not forgive your friend, he betrayed you in the worst way
    29.17%
    Ask your friend if he only said those things because he was upset at the time
    20.83%
    tell your friend how his account of what actually happened made you feel
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    You were in year 7? I can honestly not see what is so wrong about what he did/said. My TEN year old brother was just in a horrific bus accident and he was making jokes about it the following week! FFS, move on with your life. I doubt your "friend" is still thinking about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark!91)
    Luckily I survived, I just stood up in a daze and started to walk home saying ''i want to go home I want to go home'' but the crowd sat me down and Somebody called an ambulance and I was checked over at hospital. Thankfully and incredibly, I had nothing broken, only bruises and cuts but also i had and still have dents in my head from impact, there not visible but I can feel them if i touch the top of my head. there not very deep, probably about 3-5 centimeters. The hospital wanted to keep me in but after I insisted non stop for a near 2 hours I was home the same day. Not many people at the age of 13 get hit by a 35mph car and survive, plus are home again the same day.

I did, i was lucky to survive:bawling:
    I take my previous advice back. I'm pretty sure I just got trolled so hard. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't years after me being hit by a car that he started the rumors, it was the following day when i was at home, needing the support of family and friends. His mum said he was very upset but the following day I found out he was making fun and laughing at me and twisting the actual events whilst I was still at home, still in the danger zone..
    He was a 12 year old kid.
    He wasn't making fun of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millyshyn)
    He said you got run over by a parked cat? How is that even possible, and so why would anyone believe/spread it?

People change though, I'd say you should give him another chance after so many years.
    Dunno if you noticed your typo but it made me lol *a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jetsetgirl)
    You were in year 7? I can honestly not see what is so wrong about what he did/said. My TEN year old brother was just in a horrific bus accident and he was making jokes about it the following week! FFS, move on with your life. I doubt your "friend" is still thinking about this.

It wasn't me making jokes about my own accident, it was my best friend from childhood who i had known all my life, I was 12 at the time. He was making jokes about it the day after it happened.

Theres nothing wrong with the person making a joke about them self but when it was your best friend there is a big difference. A big difference.

ReputationRep:
    For the 4th time! I have said this to 3 others now

He never said I got squashed between 2 cars, I am saying that's the only thing that could have happened if you get hit by a parked car so he could of said that.

but he did not tell anyone I was squashed between 2 cars, he said ''i was hit by a parked car

This is starting to upset me a little now bringing up these old memories and some of the cruel things people on the thread are saying, be more thoughtful please:mad:

I was not hit by a parked car, i was hit by a 35mph car on a busy road
    I UNDERSTAND THAT HE SAID YOU WERE HIT BY A PARKED CAR.

Mate, firstly, if this is bringing up bad memories, what the hell were you thinking putting starting this thread in the first place.
    Secondly, I think you need to be more thoughtful too and understand that people have opinions that are different to yours. You need to stop biting everyone's heads off. Don't expect honest responses if you wish to keep your defensive attitude going.

He was in year 7, didn't know how to tactfully explain the situation to people, and he's grown up now. Maybe you should man up and realise that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jetsetgirl)
    I take my previous advice back. I'm pretty sure I just got trolled so hard. :rolleyes:

I was sent home because I kept insisting for 2hard hours and with my parents consent i was allowed. I had to sleep downstairs for a few weeks and i had family who had to keep checking me throughout the night in case something happened to me. I had cuts,bruises, dents in my head, and really bad pain in my body though luckily nothing broken, So yes I was allowed home though advised to stay in hospital

ReputationRep:
    Good god you're annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancing Shoelaces)
    I UNDERSTAND THAT HE SAID YOU WERE HIT BY A PARKED CAR.

Mate, firstly, if this is bringing up bad memories, what the hell were you thinking putting starting this thread in the first place.
    Secondly, I think you need to be more thoughtful too and understand that people have opinions that are different to yours. You need to stop biting everyone's heads off. Don't expect honest responses if you wish to keep your defensive attitude going.

He was in year 7, didn't know how to tactfully explain the situation to people, and he's grown up now. Maybe you should man up and realise that.

I don't know I thought as this was a sensitive case that it would be treated will sensitivity and consideration i suppose

I'm not snapping at other people, i'm just angry that there not seeing it from my perspective and posting things I feel are supposed to deliberately wind me up

My friend has never explained or apologized as to why he made these accusations. I will forgive him, may even resume friendship but doubt i will ever see him as a close friend as i once did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    So you were 19 in Year 7? Because that probably explains a lot.
    So glad someone else pointed this out! +rep

ReputationRep:
    It all seems a bit weird tbh. The idiots on here talking about 'having a sense of humour' need a slap in the face - what the hell is funny about a person getting RUN OVER BY A CAR?? Nothing as far as anyone with a grain of any sense is concerned. Year 7 is not nursery, most people at that age know the difference between right and wrong, quite well.

However, some other people have said, and rightly so, most people are pretty insensitive/immature at that age. Not all, but most are. You might not have done something like that back in year 7, maybe you were a more mature and sensible kid, who knows. But MOST people are not, it's that kind of a phase - I did/said dumb things to people, they did the same to me - now that we're all so much older, all those memories make for a pretty good laugh more than anything else. In other words, it's high time you got over it.

ReputationRep:
    I would laugh it off if I were you....

ReputationRep:
    I'm not snapping at other people, i'm just angry that there not seeing it from my perspective and posting things I feel are supposed to deliberately wind me up

My friend has never explained or apologized as to why he made these accusations. I will forgive him, may even resume friendship but doubt i will ever see him as a close friend as i once did.
    Mate, not everyone would have responded the way you did to this situation if they were in it.

And have you ever asked your friend why he said what he did? And is the word 'accusations' really apt?

ReputationRep:
    If the friendship that you two have, means more to you (which i think you do) than don't be afraid to make the first move cause atleast even if it does not work out, you can say "you tried".

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2006)
    It all seems a bit weird tbh. The idiots on here talking about 'having a sense of humour' need a slap in the face - what the hell is funny about a person getting RUN OVER BY A CAR?? Nothing as far as anyone with a grain of any sense is concerned.

However, some other people have said, and rightly so, most people are pretty insensitive/immature at that age. Not all, but most are. You might not have done something like that back in year 7, maybe you were a more mature and sensible kid, who knows. But MOST people are not, it's that kind of a phase - I did/said dumb things to people, they did the same to me - now that we're all so much older, all those memories make for a pretty good laugh more than anything else. In other words, it's high time you got over it.

Thanks, I guessed posting here I would get thoughtful answers and have my thread treated with sensitivity as this case is a sensitive one to me, but I was wrong.

Maybe it was a laugh to the small group of kids at the time but its not funny when its the following day after impact and your still at home in the danger zone and in pain. it was only my best friend and about 3 others who were joking about it, which hurt more because most of the other kids i hadn't known long treated me with respect whilst this kid i had known all my life was making a joke out of me.

I'm 19 now and have my own car, when I'm driving i'm always on constant alert for anyone stepping out onto the road, so i guess its affected my mind to

ReputationRep:
    You were 12/13 when this happened right? All kids at that age are idiots, yeah it would have pissed me off going back to school and hearing that he was spreading that rumour about but you were kids! Most people forget a few days later and carry on as normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancing Shoelaces)
    Mate, not everyone would have responded the way you did to this situation if they were in it.

And have you ever asked your friend why he said what he did? And is the word 'accusations' really apt?

I can only guess its because he felt I upset him (by me being run over) and he then went and made up a few silly,stupid,thoughtless jokes about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    the one reply on this thread that made me laugh a little, cheers:cheers:

ReputationRep:
    Go talk to him. Just start a casual conversation.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.