Turn on thread page Beta

The truth about Black girls and their hair!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian)
    Hey guys, I'm sorry if what I'm going to say sounds racist. Anyway, I sit next to this black girl in my French class, last week I asked her how she washed her real hair because she always has it braided or has fake hair which she says is glued on to her real hair. Her reply to my question was something like she never washed her hair incase her braids and weave lost their shine,got smelly and dry!!!:eek:

My conclusion from what she told me was that most of the black girls in my school with intense fake hairstyles never washed their hair so must have itchy scalps, full of dandruff and lice so nobody should go out with them.

When one of my friends asked to use the hairpin of the same black girl yesterday during Maths I whispered to her, half jokingly, that it probably had "some little lice" attached to it because she doesn't wash her hair. My friend ignored my comment and went aheard to receive one of her hairpin but unfortunately the black girl heard me and after school she ambushed me at the school gate, threating to tell our head of year that I had been racist next Monday. I've to be in school on Monday for Easter revision as I'm sitting my GCSEs this summer.

Anyway, I'm really worried wether what the black girl says will get me in trouble. Wasn't what I said somewhat true though? Was it racist? Should I have kept my gob quiet? Pls educate me.
    you should try that with a troll it might eat you.

ReputationRep:
    No offence but it must be weird to not wash your hair
    I mean I am a Somali and don't wear fake hair
    Or that sort but I wear a head scarf and I still
    Wash my hair every 2 day.
    What is the point of wearing fake hair why can't
    West Africans and others be happy with what
    God gave them ??

ReputationRep:
    laugh out loud

ReputationRep:
    It's a little racist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiterallyInsane)
    No offence but it must be weird to not wash your hair
    I mean I am a Somali and don't wear fake hair
    Or that sort but I wear a head scarf and I still
    Wash my hair every 2 day.
    What is the point of wearing fake hair why can't
    West Africans and others be happy with what
    God gave them ??
    I totally agree with you. I mean, what's up with all that fakeness.

ReputationRep:
    1. 1 black girl does not = all black girls
    2. Black women change their hair styles a lot and do wash their hair
    3. In the UK head lice are adapted to living in white peoples hair which is a different texture to black peoples hair. So in the UK black people are very unlikely to suffer from lice problems.

ReputationRep:
    lolwat Lice don't just appear out of nowhere when someone's hair is dirty. It doesn't matter whether it's clean or dirty, they have to get them from someone else.

ReputationRep:
    What you said was really dumb. If you don't wash your hair for a long time it cleans itself. This is a fact. I have met many people who don't wash their hair and it is in immaculate condition. A hairdresser I know doesn't wash their hair as it is better not to (you wash out all the good oils etc) and I have met a woman who, because of scalp condition, hasn't washed her hair in over 50yrs. It doesn't mean they have lice or dandruff. So that is the first reason why what you said was really dumb. Second reason, you should of known it would be taken to be racist.

Neg rep or this?! Haha this rep thing is such a joke lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smophy)
    What you said was really dumb. If you don't wash your hair for a long time it cleans itself. This is a fact. I have met many people who don't wash their hair and it is in immaculate condition. A hairdresser I know doesn't wash their hair as it is better not to (you wash out all the good oils etc) and I have met a woman who, because of scalp condition, hasn't washed her hair in over 50yrs. It doesn't mean they have lice or dandruff. So that is the first reason why what you said was really dumb. Second reason, you should of known it would be taken to be racist.
    Seriously? Or are you exaggerating? That is insane!

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with you. I mean, what's up with all that fakeness.
    Have you got something against black girls? A lot of white girls wear hair extensions to make their hair longer and fuller. Besides black girls braid their hair sometimes because of their culture.

ReputationRep:
    im black..and have super long frizzy hair..and by long i mean boob length. and it gets super dry and ****. i agree with the fact that we dont have to wash our hair everyday or every second day like most white/asian etc people do. but i usually wash my hair every third day. sometimes i dont but definitely then by the 4th day.

i have a lot of black friends who have super short hair and wash it once a week or once every two weeks. and to be honest i find that gross. i think a lot of afro people take the whole 'i have black hair i dont need to wash it' to an extreme. it should be washed twice a week in my opinion. also i know a girl who had a weave for more than a month. the thought of her not having washed her hair in a month is pretty gross. when i was younger my mother used to braid my hair to keep it under control..(and i still had long hair back then)...and i still washed every 3rd day.

i get the whole thing about 'yeh but our hair doesnt turn greasy it just turns dry' thing..but hair being dry is just as bad, since it makes the hair heavier and harder to comb and harde for your scalp to breathe. You also feel much nicer and lighter on your head when u shampoo and condition it. so why not do it regularly?...

ReputationRep:
    that not very nice is it for your information your hair has natural oils which will keep your scalp not itchy for a couple of months and I know this because, One i am Black, and two i asked a guy with dreadlocks how her washes his hair and this surfaced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpunkyVanDros)
    that not very nice is it for your information your hair has natural oils which will keep your scalp not itchy for a couple of months and I know this because, One i am Black, and two i asked a guy with dreadlocks how her washes his hair and this surfaced
    Well as i said...i'm black too.

well EVERYONE has natural oils in their hair too. so why dont we ALL NOT WASH OUR HAIRS!!??...thats a brilliant idea!!

and for your information, my brother has dreadlocks, and its past his neck and he washes his hair twice a week...he has to use a special shampoo and conditioner though. so again thats not an excuse.

just wash the damn hair regularly. i undertand its time consuming to braid or to tame the hair, but the more u wash and condition the softer and smoother your hair becomes and the easier it will be to handle. trust!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigglybum)
    Well as i said...i'm black too.

well EVERYONE has natural oils in their hair too. so why dont we ALL NOT WASH OUR HAIRS!!??...thats a brilliant idea!!

and for your information, my brother has dreadlocks, and its past his neck and he washes his hair twice a week...he has to use a special shampoo and conditioner though. so again thats not an excuse.

just wash the damn hair regularly. i undertand its time consuming to braid or to tame the hair, but the more u wash and condition the softer and smoother your hair becomes and the easier it will be to handle. trust!...
    the guys used shampoo too. i had braids for almost 8 years i washed mine regularly but i can also see why most people don't. and i haven't had braids or a weave for almost 3 years so I know hair becomes easier to tame.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm sorry if what I'm going to say sounds racist. Anyway, I sit next to this black girl in my French class, last week I asked her how she washed her real hair because she always has it braided or has fake hair which she says is glued on to her real hair. Her reply to my question was something like she never washed her hair incase her braids and weave lost their shine,got smelly and dry!!!:eek:

My conclusion from what she told me was that most of the black girls in my school with intense fake hairstyles never washed their hair so must have itchy scalps, full of dandruff and lice so nobody should go out with them.

When one of my friends asked to use the hairpin of the same black girl yesterday during Maths I whispered to her, half jokingly, that it probably had "some little lice" attached to it because she doesn't wash her hair. My friend ignored my comment and went aheard to receive one of her hairpin but unfortunately the black girl heard me and after school she ambushed me at the school gate, threating to tell our head of year that I had been racist next Monday. I've to be in school on Monday for Easter revision as I'm sitting my GCSEs this summer.

Anyway, I'm really worried wether what the black girl says will get me in trouble. Wasn't what I said somewhat true though? Was it racist? Should I have kept my gob quiet? Pls educate me.
    :lolwut: I can't even...

Just apologise to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smophy)
    :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delavie)
    Have you got something against black girls? A lot of white girls wear hair extensions to make their hair longer and fuller. Besides black girls braid their hair sometimes because of their culture.
    I don't think the person with that point has got anything against black people, I kind of agree with her but not every black woman does her hair in weaves/extensions etc just to be white, I guess some do but not all. And I definately agree with your point, I notice that white women like Cheryl Cole always use extension or get a perm, but when black women do it, it's like "they're trying to be white".

ReputationRep:
    trolololo

ReputationRep:
    You besmirch the good name of Sebastian, filthy troll.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.