Turn on thread page Beta

The truth about Black girls and their hair!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    I have noticed that a few of my black friends have 'musty' smelling hair. It isn't pleasant, but I guess I understand that they can't wash it as much as I'd wash mine as they have dry hair and/or they don't want to ruin their weave/extentions as it does cost quite a bit for it to be done and washing it reduces the life and quality of it.

ReputationRep:
    FOOL!

ReputationRep:
    But they have a type of hair that doesn't get as greasy anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma2010)
    but they have a type of hair that doesn't get as greasy anyway...
    black people don't have one hair type!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguin-)
    Seriously? Or are you exaggerating? That is insane!
    Seriously. She has a scalp condition that means it can't get wet.

After around 6 months of not washing your hair it really doesn't matter though. It goes past that horrible dirty greasy stage and starts to clean and look after itself. All you have to do is brush it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian)
    Hey guys, I'm sorry if what I'm going to say sounds racist. Anyway, I sit next to this black girl in my French class, last week I asked her how she washed her real hair because she always has it braided or has fake hair which she says is glued on to her real hair. Her reply to my question was something like she never washed her hair incase her braids and weave lost their shine,got smelly and dry!!!:eek:

My conclusion from what she told me was that most of the black girls in my school with intense fake hairstyles never washed their hair so must have itchy scalps, full of dandruff and lice so nobody should go out with them.

When one of my friends asked to use the hairpin of the same black girl yesterday during Maths I whispered to her, half jokingly, that it probably had "some little lice" attached to it because she doesn't wash her hair. My friend ignored my comment and went aheard to receive one of her hairpin but unfortunately the black girl heard me and after school she ambushed me at the school gate, threating to tell our head of year that I had been racist next Monday. I've to be in school on Monday for Easter revision as I'm sitting my GCSEs this summer.

Anyway, I'm really worried wether what the black girl says will get me in trouble. Wasn't what I said somewhat true though? Was it racist? Should I have kept my gob quiet? Pls educate me.
    If you say something racist, it often sounds racist.

There's some real factoid right there kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecat23)
    YOU ARE SUCH A KNOB!
    (Original post by nnnomi)
    Dear god you are ignorant. Good luck in life.

(Original post by Potential Trigger)
    You sir, are an idiot.
    look here, I'm very ummmh grateful of your responses but I'm not an idiot, a knob and neither am I ignorant. I can't help it if I have minor misconceptions about black people, I mean I ain't exactly going to walk up to a black girl and ask if they have lice in their hair- am I? :curious: Pls note I apologise for causing any offence :p:

ReputationRep:
    Your an ****ing idiot :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Jesus!
    I'm wearing braids now and I rinse/wash them very often.

You can't take the habits of one black girl to represent those of all others.

ReputationRep:
    BLACK PEOPLE DON'T GET LICE AS EASILY AS OTHER RACES BCUZ OF OUR HAIR TEXTURE! So i dunno wtf you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    I'm black, and you can wash your hair even if it glued, braided or whatever. However, black people can't do the whole wash your hair everyday that white people do because our hair doesn't get oily in one day, also perms and such are not to be washed every day even if your white. It's just not done. Go to a hairstylist and they'll educate you on hair care since you clearly don't know a thing...

ReputationRep:
    Also, personal hygiene is just that, personal. One individuals hygiene practices does not dictate a whole race or sex hygiene. So stop trolling.

ReputationRep:
    black hair is different, it doesn't need to be washed as often as white hair its a completely different texture etc realistically how often do you see black women with greasy, smelly hair or dandruff? Afro hair actually has a lower risk of headlice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian)
    look here, I'm very ummmh grateful of your responses but I'm not an idiot, a knob and neither am I ignorant. I can't help it if I have minor misconceptions about black people, I mean I ain't exactly going to walk up to a black girl and ask if they have lice in their hair- am I? :curious: Pls note I apologise for causing any offence :p:
    Of course you are ignorant. You have misconceptions about a whole group of people because you don't actually know anything about the subject you are insulting. That's the definition of ignorance: Going around thinking you know something when you know nothing.

And of course you can help it. By using bloody common sense and using the power of google and also finding out what sort of environments favour the growth of head lice before you start insulting people in or out of earshot.

I mean. Come on! Your comment that noone should date someone for a reason that is completely unfounded is not on in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    oohh wow.

I mean, just.... wow

Never. EVER. let a black girl hear you saying this about their hair. You should be thanking your lucky stars the girl didn't just outright clobber you.

You clearly have no idea how serious the average black girl is about there hair. Black girls spend more on their hair than any other race hands down. I have two sisters and I can honestly say they spend, at very least, a grand on their hair per year.

I mean you are still in school, but once you get to late uni- graduate age there are girls walking around with weaves that have a total cost upwards of £500 to buy and put in. and they are having a new one in after 2 months just so it looks fresh.

Hair is a BIG deal in the black community.

oh and FYI there are loads of products specifically designed for hair upkeep whilst it is in a weave. You don't know them simply because you have no reason to look for them. -Oil for scalp. dry shampoo e.t.c.
    Also most girls have their hair chemically treated (relaxed) right before a weave. That alone will kill off anything considering the active chemical is sodium hydroxide (it can sting like a *****-yep black girls are that serious about their hair)

ReputationRep:
    lice prefer clean hair actually, but I dunno, its just a joke, but if ur in the UK I bet africans are more quick to jump to the race card. Lice are not racists for sure, but hey man, its all good, your comment was a joke. Make a sincere apology and say that white people have dreaded nasty hair too and you would have said the same degrading comment had it been a white girl

ReputationRep:
    http://karenknowsbest.com/wp-content...8/05/idiot.jpg

ReputationRep:
    now that I have read this whole thread, i'm going back to revision.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so you had school on a saturday and one of the only people I know that will go to school tomorrow, Monday.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.