Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm wondering how much other first years are revising for their exams? I have 4 exams, the first being 6 weeks from now, and I've done pretty much nothing, which is probably stupid given that I've also done basically nothing all year...

Anyway, I'm at the LSE, and most people I know are revising between 5-10 hours a day already, and although I know it changes nothing, I was hoping to get some reassurance that other people weren't doing so much? If I'm wrong about that then I know I really do need to start doing a lot more...

Oddly enough I'm not even stressed about exams at the moment...

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideSkip)
    Hey everyone,

I'm wondering how much other first years are revising for their exams? I have 4 exams, the first being 6 weeks from now, and I've done pretty much nothing, which is probably stupid given that I've also done basically nothing all year...

Anyway, I'm at the LSE, and most people I know are revising between 5-10 hours a day already, and although I know it changes nothing, I was hoping to get some reassurance that other people weren't doing so much? If I'm wrong about that then I know I really do need to start doing a lot more...

Oddly enough I'm not even stressed about exams at the moment...

Cheers!
    I know first years who just did all nighters and went into the exam hall. For me, I start revising at the start of the easter hols - I spend ~ 5 - 7 hours a day revising? When I was a first year, reduce that to 4 - 6. Just don't stress out, and be realistic and sensible and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    I know first years who just did all nighters and went into the exam hall. For me, I start revising at the start of the easter hols - I spend ~ 5 - 7 hours a day revising? When I was a first year, reduce that to 4 - 6. Just don't stress out, and be realistic and sensible and you'll be fine.
    When you say all nighters, do you mean, literally just the day before the exam and that was it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I haven' t started revising properly, my exams are in 5 weeks. my revision has failed Epicly over the past couple weeks I'm hoping to pick it up next week

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm wondering this. I'm in my first year, today was my first day of proper revision, my exams are 6 weeks away, and I've done basically nothing all year apart from the odd essay and about half the reading I was meant to have done. Panicking a bit now.

I hope I'm not being delusional thinking I can still pass. I think I'm going to try to do about 6 hours a day for the rest of the holidays but we'll see if I stick to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideSkip)
    When you say all nighters, do you mean, literally just the day before the exam and that was it?

Thanks
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to put-off revision until the panic begins to set in.
    In January, I did my two 2000 word term-papers the night before they were due in. Didn't sleep, just mixed powerade and coffee. I passed and only began exam revision the day before and passed. So I'm holding out hope for when I do eventually start revising.

ReputationRep:
    Got 4 exams too in 6 weeks and haven't done any revision so far. I'll start next week hopefully

ReputationRep:
    about 3-4 hours a day, last year I was doing really unhealthy amounts, then when it came to exams, I just felt completely burnt out, so therefore I'm trying not to over do it

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.